Menstrie Community Council
Message from the Chair, December 2013
As another year end approaches, an opportunity arises to summarise the various projects which have taken place during 2013.
- The pathway leading to Cambus is continually proving to be very popular. Benches have now been put in place and further signage will be installed regarding the multi-purpose usage of the path.
- The roadway from the roundabout at the west end of Menstrie towards Blairlogie has been improved and further enhancement work is envisaged.
- At the east end of the village an additional crossing point was installed and also the the pavement leading to the main road at that point was widened.
- The viewing platform adjacent to the Scout Hall was installed and only recently the surrounding area was cleared and planted with various wild flower seeds. By springtime this area should be very attractive indeed.
- The consultation regarding the traffic situation around Menstrie Place is still in progress and it is hoped that this problem will soon be resolved.
These are just a few samples of projects which have taken place during the year and hopefully have benefitted the Community as a whole.
Another significant project ongoing at the moment is the creation of the Community Garden. Work in thearea is well underway with the basic materials being in place and also the assembly of the poly tunnel now almost complete. Thanks are due to John Gourley, Andy Caldwell and Jim Campbell whose sterling efforts are greatly appreciated. Thank you gentlemen.
A more detailed review of the progress of the garden is included elsewhere in this issue of Menstrie Matters.
The highlight of the summer was the Fete Week and Gala Day. Once again, thanks to all who helped to make the week such a great success. Preparations are underway fornext years' events and as always everyone who can contribute will be very welcome to do so.
As the Festive Season approaches, we shall be holding our now traditional Community Carol Singing. This will take place in the Parish Church hall on Thursday December 19th Please come along that evening and enjoy the singing and also the hospitality of the members of the Parish Church. Hopefully Santa Claus will stop in Menstrie that night for a short visit and can be sure of a warm w elcome when he does.
On that note, the Community Council would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy Christmas and a Healthy and Prosperous New Year.