» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Oct 2007 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

16th October 2007, 7.00 pm, Dumyat Centre Library

Present:

In the chair

Les Sharp

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Members

Stan Paterson
Beth Cook
Wendy Holt
Jim Gardiner
Kenny McKaig
Danny McCormick
Janette Robb

Apologies:

Tom Mack
Linda Matheson
Louise Craven

In Attendance:

Julie Hamilton, Clackmannanshire Council
Shiela Bulloch, Clackmannanshire Council
Councillor Janice Paterson

PC Steph Currie
Steven Cartwright
Irene Cartwright
Josephine Segrave

1. Approval of Minutes of 11th September 2007

Approved: Stan Paterson
Seconded: Jim Gardiner

The Chair welcomed the guests and the new members to their first meeting.

2. Matters Arising from Minutes

BC brought up the matter of the wind turbine. When the sun shines on the blades it causes flickering on the windows of the houses opposite and is causing headaches as it even goes through the blinds when they are closed. A representative from the Council would be welcome to sit in the house to experience the problem. Colin Hamilton will be invited to the next meeting to answer questions relating to this and other questions re. the turbine.

ACTION - CC

3. Treasurers Report

Arrangements have now been made with the bank for new cheque signatories. A copy of the Audited Accounts will now be sent to Clackmannanshire Council in support of our annual grant.

ACTION - CC

4. Community Policeman's Report

Our new Community Policeman Steph Currie introduced himself to the members and has been in the post since the 9th of July.

As far as crime in Clackmannanshire is concerned he considered Menstrie to be the nicest place to live. Since July 70% of crime reported has been detected. 14 crimes remain unsolved at the moment - mainly vandalism. There has been a problem with graffiti recently and a lead on this is being followed up.

As regards CCTV cameras it does not look likely that there will be any in Menstrie in the near future. Vandalism is one of the hardest crimes to detect. P.C Currie is based in the Tullibody Office and would welcome contact from members of the public at any time. If he is not there he can be contacted by them.

6. Councillor Paterson's Report

Leak at the Spar

This has now been fixed.

Park Road South

Still ongoing.

Pedestrian Crossing at West end of Village

This will be installed before the end of the financial year.

Dog Bins

There are no dog bins in the new Menstrie Mains estate but Julie Hamilton pointed out that this was not a Council responsibility of Greenbelt as there is a management agreement with the tenants which should provide these. The dog bin at Craigomous Crescent requires to be emptied more regularly.

ACTION - JP

Bus Service to Tullibody and Alloa

This will be considered once the new crossing has gone in.

Hazel Avenue

The positioning of the dropped pavements do not line up.

ACTION - JP

Parking Outside Costcutters

There is a problem when vehicles park on the double yellow lines to go into the shop. The police can only deal with this if they see it happening.

Pavements at Menstrie Place

These are still not right but work is ongoing to rectify them.

Menstrie Place

The roses have been removed from the flower bed by the Council and the coping stones are missing. Les will bring this up with Cathy Knox of Environmental Services.

ACTION - LS

6. Correspondence

All correspondence received since the last meeting was read and actioned as necessary.

7. Dumyat Centre

Discussion took place with Julie Hamilton and Sheila Bulloch from Clackmannanshire Council.

Plans were produced by the Council for improvements to community place in the Centre and these were considered to be an insult as they appeared to have been produced at very short notice and were an almost exact replica of plans drawn up by the Council in 1998. Sheila will meet with Sandy and look at them again. The Community Council would expect to see alternatives for use of the best use of the money available, accompanied by some breakdown of costings.

ACTION - Sheila Bullock

Julie commented on the environmental improvements and the public art. The environmental improvements are ongoing with Cathy Knox. Discussion then took place regarding the public art and several suggestions were made. It was agreed that Julie would investigate the production of some drawings by the artist Andy Scott fur some public art for the Midtown garden area.

ACTION - Julie Hamilton

8. Seating in Menstrie Park

Tractor tyres will be sourced and some planting will be done in the area where the seats have been removed.

9. Community Woodland

We await confirmation of a start date for the work on the paths. CC/TM/LS will speak to the residents of the affected houses regarding any disruption to access.

10. Village Fete

Suggestions have been made for this event. The first event will be a Bingo Tea in the Burnside Inn next week. A further Fete meeting will need to be held as soon as possible so that bookings can be made and funding applied for.

11. Christmas Tree

Sheila Bulloch offered to speak to the person at the Council who sources their trees for a price and get back to Les as soon as possible.

ACTION - Sheila Bulloch

12. Community Council Web site

The members approved the cost involved with the setting up of a website and CC confirmed that John Lee was willing to work with somebody on this. Austin Mitchell volunteered to help and CC will put them in touch with each other to talk about the project.

ACTION - CC

13. Village Calendar

KMcK will try and produce something as soon as possible.

ACTION - ACTION - KMcK

14. Any Other Business

There being no other business the meeting closed and was followed by cheese and Wine.

15. Date and Time of Next Meeting

Tuesday 13th November 2007 at 7.00 pm

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy