» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Apr 2008 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

8th April 2008 at 7.00 pm, Dumyat Centre Library

Present:

In the chair

Les Sharp

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Louise Craven

Members

Stan Paterson
Linda Matheson
Wendy Holt
Kenny McKaig

Apologies:

Austin Mitchell
Monika Mackenzie
Jim Gardner
Beth Cook

In Attendance:

Councillor Eddie Carrick
Councillor Janice Paterson
Sheila Bulloch, Clackmannanshire Council
Tracy Duff, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable S. Currie

1. Approval of Minutes of 11th March 2008

Approved: Kenny McKaig
Seconded: Linda Matheson

2. Matters Arising from Minutes - Wind Turbine

Some testing equipment has been set up in one of the houses to monitor the noise. How effective it will be is unknown at the moment but hopefully it will be testing in some other houses. If it is inconclusive then contact will be made with the Environmental Health Department

3. Matters Arising from Minutes - Public Art

The general consensus of opinion of the draft drawings was No.4. Work will now be in progress to create the sculpture. Eddie Carrick visited Andy Scott's studio in Glasgow. Andy's work can be seen on his website at www.andyscottpublicart.co.uk.

4. Community Policeman's Report

Since last month only 30 calls were made to the public from Menstrie residents. The main crime was the theft from motor vehicles.

Beth [Cook stated] that a telephone call had been made to the police that a car was obstructing the road outside the school and cars had to go up onto the pavement to get past. It was agreed that the zig-zag lines are too short and should be extended round the bend of the road. Double yellow lines on one side would also help. We will ask the Council to come out and look at the situation.

The route for the Gala procession will be a walking one, starting at the roundabout.

ACTION - CC

5. Treasurer's Report

Wood Account - £1,725.53
General Account - £2272.77 (includes £1,200 ring-fenced)

6. Councillors Carrick and Paterson's Report

Councillor Janice Paterson

The first train for driver training has run from Alloa Station.

JP had spoken to Kathy O'Neil and the new sculpture for Midtown might be ready by July.

Cones for the gala will be provided by the Council and delivered to the park.

It would be better if the crossing outside the Burnside Inn could be a pelican crossing instead of a safe haven. JP will contact Mac West.

ACTION - JP

Councillor Eddie Carrick

Park Road South will go to Committee on the 24th April when every road on the list will be prioritised.

The hedge outside the village has been cut.

7. Dumyat Centre Extension

Sheila produced plans of the final proposals for the extension which were approved by the members. It is hoped that, all going well, the work will be completed by December.

Sheila will liaise with Traffic Management regarding the barrier at the roadside at the entrance to the Dumyat Centre.

8. Tracy Duff, Patch worker for Youth and Community

Tracy explained that she is going to be the new worker for this area, which used to be known as Children and Youth Workers Team. She explained she could help with organising Community Groups/Education Groups. While in Tullibody she helped create the Community Cafe/Fruit Barrow/Youth Council. In the past she has only worked with young people but she can bring people in to do a variety of things.

9. Correspondence

All correspondence received since the last meeting was read and actioned as necessary.

10. Community Woodland

Work is more or less complete on the new path and it is being well used by local people.

Additional money has become available and will be used to extend the path into the wood and create some boardwalk.

11. Village Fete

Planning is progressing well on the plans for the Fete/Gala/Ceilidh.

12. Community Website

www.menstrie.org will go live before the next meeting.

13. Community Council Elections

Notification will be received shortly for the members due for re-election.

14. Calendar

Kenny now has some samples and will now get some prices for 100 or up to 500.

He will speak to Susan Mills to see if she has any photographs.

ACTION - KMcK

15. Any Other Business

Hazardous metal stakes

Linda said that she had a report that there are some metal stakes at the bridge at Burnside Road which appear to be the remains of the old bridge which had caused an injury to a dog.

Village clean-up

There will be a village clean-up on Sunday 27th April.

16. Date and Time of Next Meeting

Tuesday 13th May 2008 at 7.00 pm.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy