» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, May 2008 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

13th May 2008 at 7.00 pm, Dumyat Centre Library

Present:

In the chair

Les Sharp

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Louise Craven

Members

Stan Paterson
Linda Matheson
Wendy Holt
Kenny McKaig
Jim Gardner
Austin Mitchell
Beth Cook
Tom Mack

Apologies:

Monika Mackenzie
Councillor Eddie Carrick

In Attendance:

Councillor Janice Paterson
Tracy Duff, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable S. Currie

1. Approval of Minutes of 8th April 2008

Approved: Louise Craven
Seconded: Wendy Holt
With the amendment that the figures in the Treasurer's Report should be transposed.

2. Matters Arising from Minutes - Metal Stakes by the Burn

BC will source an angle grinder and arranged to have them removed on the grounds of safety.

ACTION - BC

3. Community Policeman's Report

Since last month the crime figures for the village have been very encouraging with a good detection rate for the crimes that were reported and detected.

It was highlighted that there had been complaint from a resident in Johnstone Street regarding the cars parked there by Menstrie Motors. P.C. Currie will follow this up.

ACTION - P.C. Currie

LM asked that the speed of cars on the Tullibody Road be monitored and PC. Currie will make the Tullibody Police Office aware of the situation.

4. Treasurer's Report

Wood Account - £1,725.53
General Account - £4131.77
(The General Fund included Gala money and ring-fenced IT funding)
Following this year's Gala it is planned to make this a separate constituted body.

5. Wind Turbine

The monitoring equipment has been in two of the houses and will be brought back when there are windy conditions. Councillor Paterson will make contact with the Environmental Health Department.

ACTION - JP

6. Councillor Paterson's Report

Unadopted roads

The Policy for unadopted roads has been passed by the Council.

State of the fencing at the bottom of Broompark by the railway

The Council will write to Railtrack and ask them to make repairs within a time limit.

Lack of parking in Menstrie Place and Castle Road

BC stated that she had had five complaints about the lack of parking in Menstrie Place and Castle Road. It was suggested that the grassed area could be halved to provide extra off-street parking. JP will put in a Councillor enquiry.

ACTION - JP

7. Dumyat Centre Extension

The plans will be going out to tender in the near future.

8. Public Art, Midtown Gardens

This is now in the production stage.

CC and LS met on site at Midtown with Cathy Knox from Environmental Services when suggestions were made regarding the siting of the art and re-vamped plans for the gardens. The Council have a limited maintenance budget for the gardens but will do what they can to tidy up the area.

CC agreed to look for possible funding to upgrade the paths.

The Council will be erecting three new lamp standards on one of the main paths. Hopefully the flagpoles will be ready for erection by July.

9. Correspondence

All correspondence received since the last meeting was read and actioned as necessary.

10. Community Woodland

It was disappointing to see that the new path had been marked with MYT graffiti. Work continues on the extension of the path and the boardwalk. The barrier should also be installed shortly. The steps coming up from the main road are in a state of disrepair and need to be sorted. This is an area that we could look at for the future.

11. Village Fete

Planning is progressing well on the plans for the Fete/Gala/Ceilidh.

LM will purchase yellow paper for the Gala edition of the Menstrie Matters.

BC will contact the Bowling Club and enquire whether they would be willing to do burgers.

12. Community Website

Thanks must go to both John and Austin for all their efforts in getting the site up and running. It is superb. CC will pass the most recent Minutes to John for publication. CC will also make contact with Canada to try and set up a link with them.

ACTION - CC

13. Community Council Elections

CC will write to [ ] and ask whether, because of his non-attendance at meetings, he wishes to stand down from the Council.

ACTION - CC

14. Calendar

Kenny produced some quotes for production of the calendar. After discussion it was agreed that we would produce 500 calendars and LM would source the envelopes. CC would contact Ian Drysdale to see if he had some of his father's old pictures of Menstrie.

ACTION - CC,LM

15. Report by Tracy Duff, Community Learning and Development

Five weeks of activities are planned for 16-year olds during the summer months, starting week commencing 7th July.

Two IT workers will be available to take IT classes for 17.5h week between Menstrie and Tullibody.

Tracy also offered to help at the Gala.

16. Any Other Business

Village clean-up

There was a successful village clean-up held at the end of April and the weather was extremely kind to us. Thanks must go to everybody who turned up to help.

Menstrie Matters

Next publication date for Menstrie Matters - end of June.

17. Date and Time of Next Meeting

Tuesday 10th June 2008 at 7.00 pm.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy