» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Oct 2008 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

14th October 2008 at 7.00 pm, Dumyat Centre Library

Present:

In the chair

Les Sharp

Treasurer

Louise Craven

Members

Stan Paterson
Monika Mackenzie
Austin Mitchell
Linda Matheson
Wendy Holt
Jim Gardner
Beth Cook
Ann Roberts
Derek Hughes

Apologies:

Caroline Crawford
Wendy Holt
Constable S. Currie

In Attendance:

Councillor Eddie Carrick
Councillor Janice Paterson
Alison Muirhead

Resignation:

Tom Mack

1. Approval of Minutes of 9th September 2008

Approved: Stan Paterson
Seconded: Beth Cook

2. Matters Arising from Minutes

No outstanding issues.

3. Community Policeman's Report

Apologies were received from Constable Currie as he was unable to attend due to work commitments. However, he submitted a written report which was read to the members by the Chair:

Very little to report, crime-wise, but he emphasised the need to be vigilant about locking cars.

4. Councillors' Reports

Thanks were extended all who supported the naming of the Clackmannanshire Bridge.

Councillor Paterson reported that Clackmannanshire Council will look at approaching a bus company to run a direct bus from Menstrie to Tullibody/Alloa.

Councillor Carrick intimated that if elderly residents are unable to come to his Surgery he would be willing to make a home visit.

5. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

6. Treasurer's Report

Accounts had already been circulated at the AGM held immediately before this meeting [and will appear here when they become available for inclusion - ed].

8. Park Road South

This road has now been put on the list for upgrading by the Council. Residents will be expected to pay towards the cost.

9. Menstrie Matters

All Christmas activities should be notified to the Editor Linda Matheson.

10. Any other business

Winter salt

Monika asked that a salt bin should be put at the bottom of Craighorn.

[As amended at Meeting of November 11th - ed.]

ACTION - JP, EC to review

Fencing in the Park

Old wire fencing down the west side of the park is unsafe. LS will contact someone about its removal.

ACTION - LS

Footpaths

The state of the path between Menstrie Mains Farm and the burn was mentioned: The tarmac stopped half way up. Alison Muirhead explained that this was private land and classified only as a tractor road.
Enquiries will be made about the path that should connect to the school south of the horses field.

ACTION - AM

Remembrance Sunday

Les will lay the wreath on behalf of the Community Council on Remembrance Sunday 9th November. Councillor Carrick would also like to attend. It was suggested that if the flags are in place on the new flagpoles, they would be at half mast at 10.30a.m. - Everybody was in agreement.

Gala Committee

Meeting for the Gala - Wednesday 22nd October.

11. Date and Time of Next Meeting

Tuesday 11th November 2008 at 7.00 pm.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy