» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Jan 2009 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

13th January 2009 at 7.00 pm, Dumyat Centre Library

Present:

In the chair

Les Sharp

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Vice-Chairperson

Wendy Holt

Members

Stan Paterson
Alison Muirhead
Beth Cook
Linda Matheson
Monika MacKenzie

Apologies:

Louise Craven
Jim Gardner
Derek Hughes
Austin Mitchell
Tracy Duff
Constable Currie
Councillor Janice Paterson

In Attendance:

Councillor Carrick
Sheila Bulloch, Clacks Council

1. Appointments and Resignations

A letter was received from Ann Roberts tendering her resignation from the Community Council and the Gala Committee.

2. Approval of Minutes of 13th December 2008

Approved: Wendy Holt
Seconded: Linda Matheson

3. Matters Arising from Minutes

Dog Bins at Hazel Avenue

The Council have so far adopted some of the verges in this estate but there are still two to be adopted. When they have all been adopted the Council will then have the authority to erect dog bins.

Councillor Carrick will enquire about what stage this is at.

ACTION - EC

4. Treasurer's Report

In the absence of the Treasurer there was no report.
A request will be made to put the Annual Accounts onto our Website.

5. Community Policeman's Report

In the absence of Constable Currie a written report was read to the members. Crime is still at a low level in Menstrie with the majority of it being detected. Hopefully this will continue.

6. Councillor Carrick's Report

Park Road South

The Council are in the process of setting next year's budget and are presently going through the Capital Programme. The unadopted road project is being delayed but if there is any slippage the money will be used for the unadopted roads budget.

Broken glass

Councillor Carrick was asked to take up a complaint regarding the amount of glass around the Dumyat Centre, as a toddler had slipped and could have been badly cut. This included broken glass on Park Road South.
EC has asked council officers to come up with a litter campaign for the Spring.

CCTV for Menstrie ?

It was suggested that we should once again campaign for the introduction of CCTV in Menstrie, especially the portable cameras which could be moved when and where they are required.

ACTION - CC

Parking at Menstrie Place

BC asked about the parking at Menstrie Place and the possibility of providing parking spaces. EC suggested that LS and CC do a walkabout with members of the Roads Department to pinpoint areas of the village requiring attention. It was suggested that perhaps the area of ground behind the Church could be utilised as a car park. This area belongs to the Council.

ACTION - LS, CC

Yellow road markings by school

This still awaits signing of a contractor to do the work.

7. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

8. Dumyat Extension

Sheila Bulloch updated the members on the current state of this project.

There have been problems with the Section 75 money and it has now been passed to the Council's Legal Department to deal with.

The developer has been written to and must reply in 14 days or further action will be taken under the Section 75 Agreement. The authority of the developer is required before work can proceed. However everything else is in place ready to start. Sheila Bulloch took over this project in February 2008 and only since then has it progressed to this stage.

The members felt strongly that action should have been taken three years ago when they had correspondence with the Council on progressing the work and feel that we have been let down by the Council on this matter. We will wait until the deadline for the developer for the 27th January and the subsequent response. If there is no satisfactory development then we feel that we have to take this matter up ourselves with the Council as a matter of urgency. In the meantime Sheila will report back to our next meeting.

ACTION - SB

9. Menstrie Matters

There was discussion about whether we should put in articles that relate to places outside Menstrie in Menstrie Matters. It was agreed by the majority of the members that, so long as a name was put to the article, we didn't see a problem.

Linda is happy to carry on publishing Menstrie Matters but more help is requested from the members to print and collate it. After discussion it was agreed that the cost of the advertising should be increased to £5, £15, £25 and £50.

The closing date for articles for the next issue is 28th February.

10. Public Art

We agreed that we will have to try and source money to have the public art lit.

We have also been loaned a photograph of a local lad with a fox on a collar and lead and LS will see if this photo could be enhanced in any way for publication.

11. Community Woodland

We have been successful in our application to the Voluntary Action Fund and have been awarded £700 to buy a leaf blower, chainsaw and weed killer. We should receive the cheque in a few weeks and LS will source the materials.

12. Any Other Business

There will be a Gala fundraising Bingo Tea in the Burnside Inn on Wednesday 28th January.

13. Date and Time of Next Meeting

Tuesday 10th February 2009 at 7.00 pm.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy