» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Mar 2009 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

10th March 2009 at 7.00 pm, Dumyat Centre Library

Present:

In the chair

Les Sharp

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Louise Craven

Members

Stan Paterson
Alison Muirhead
Austin Mitchell
Linda Matheson
Monika MacKenzie
Derek Hughes
Jim Gardiner

Apologies:

Beth Cook
Wendy Holt
Councillor Janice Paterson

In Attendance:

Constable Stephen Currie
Councillor Eddie Carrick, Clackmannanshire Council
Lesley Baillie, Community Planning Officer, Clackmannanshire Alliance
Ian Russell, Nova Scotia

1. Appointments and Resignations

None.

2. Approval of Minutes of 10th February 2009

Approved: Louise Craven
Seconded: Monika Mackenzie

3. Matters Arising from Minutes

Funding for Menstrie Matters

Income is covering the expenditure.

4. Treasurer's Report

Community Council/Gala - £6,195.56
Wood Account - £994.19
Ring-fenced IT money - £291.54
Total - £7,481.29

5. Community Policeman's Report

There have been only 25 calls for the whole month for Menstrie. There were only 8 crimes in the month and all 8 were detected - all of a minor nature. Patrols will continue regarding alcohol abuse.

6. Councillor's Reports

Councillor Carrick gave his apologies for the last meeting but he was unable to attend.

Comment was made by the members regarding the Flooding Signs which have been erected on Menstrie Road. It was felt that this was unnecessary as only one occasion of flooding was known some years ago.

The matter of a direct bus from Menstrie to Tullibody was also brought up and it was noted that there is a bus appears to take that route but doesn't stop at Menstrie.

ACTION - EC

LS pointed out that the Clinic in the village now appears to be closed. Enquiries will be made with NHS regarding this.

ACTION - CC

Will there be a bus service to the new hospital at Larbert from Menstrie ? Enquiries will be made regarding this.

ACTION - CC

The lack of dog bins in some areas was also highlighted.

Austin brought up the matter of cycle tracks and SUSTRANS. AM will e:mail EC with details.

ACTION - AM

7. Lesley Baillie, Community Planning Officer

Lesley gave an outline of the Alliance and the Community Planning process within it. She pointed out that it is important that the small local issues are fed into the Community Planning process and that all Community Councils realise the role they have to play in Community Planning. She circulated copies of slides and talked about the information on each slide. She also touched on the Green Mapping project and how the community representatives on the Alliance would be chosen.

The Chair thanked Lesley for coming along to talk on this subject.

8. Ian Russell, Nova Scotia

Ian, who was a previous member of Menstrie Community Council, started by saying what a pleasure it was to be at the meeting and to talk to us about the plans for the Homecoming this year by the people of Nova Scotia. There will be dedication of the flags in the Nova Scotia Gardens and a tree will be planted which will hopefully take place at the end of May. In September there will be a larger delegation from Nova Scotia coming to Menstrie and they will spend some hours in the village and at Menstrie Castle. It is hoped that local residents will support this celebration and come along on the day to cement the close links between our village and Nova Scotia, the founder of which came from Menstrie (Sir William Alexander).

The Chair thanked Ian for coming along and we look forward to his further visits later in the year.

9. Dumyat Centre Extension

Councillor Carrick intimated that Julie Hamilton has a meeting on the 17th March with Gladedale. He will try and arrange a meeting with Gary Dallas and Julie Hamilton at which we would be invited to attend to discuss the ongoing problems.

10. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

11. Landslide at Deafhills, Ochil Road

A letter was received from Caesar and Howie regarding the above. We will make contact with Clackmannanshire Council regarding this matter and planning permission.

ACTION - CC

12. Menstrie Matters

Copies were distributed to members for distribution.

13. Community Woodland

There will be a village clean-up on the 19th April which will include parts of the woodland. Derek is looking for anybody for anybody who can assist in the management of the woodland and form a Woodland Group.

14. Midtown Gardens

It should be referred to the village to have the gardens re-named Nova Scotia Gardens. The longer term plan is for commemorative trees in memory of local people and people from Nova Scotia. We will look at getting funding for an information board.

15. Fete and Gala

The last fundraising Bingo Tea raised the sum of £140. The next one will take place on 25th March at 7.30p.m. Volunteers have come forward to manage the Tea Tent. The next Gala Meeting is on Tuesday 17th March. An application has been made from the Charrier Residents Committee to take a stall. CC will make enquiries about the manning of the Burger Stall.

16. Any Other Business

There were no further items of discussion.

17. Date and Time of Next Meeting

Tuesday 14th April 2009 at 7.00 pm.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy