MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING
12th May 2009 at 7.00 pm, Dumyat Centre Library
In the chair
Councillor Janice Paterson, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Stephen Currie, Central Scotland Police
1. Appointments and Resignations
2. Approval of Minutes of 14th April 2009
Approved: Linda Matheson
Seconded: Jim Gardiner
3. Matters Arising from Minutes
- Dog bins have now been erected in the new estate.
- The village Clean-up was well attended.
4. Treasurer's Report
Ring Fenced IT money: - £291.54 Wood Account: - £994.19 Community Council/Gala - £6,075.56
5. Community Policeman's Report
P.C. Currie reported that there was an incidence of under-age alcohol being sold by the Spar. Crime locally is still low.
6. Councillor's Reports
Councillor Paterson reported:
- Park Road and the state of the fence are currently with Mac West to investigate.
- There was also an update on the progress of the Dumyat Centre extension.
- There will be reduced charges for hiring the Centre for Gala events.
- A solution needs to be found regarding the problems with the crows in Windsor Street.
Austin reported that Councillor Carrick passed on to him the name of Mr. Alan Murray in the Council who helped with information regarding cycle paths into Stirling. The information is on the website.
Stan reported that there is a problem with overhanging trees in Brook Street and could the branches be trimmed.
All correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.
8. Menstrie Matters
- There will be an article about Nova Scotia.
- Thanks must go to Keith Collier and Aitken Harrison for making signs for the Gala.
- The next edition will be distributed in June.
9. Community Woodland
- Wire mesh has been put onto the boardwalk and the ditch has been dug out.
- We need some storage space for the tools and eqipment.
- Councillor Paterson will make an enquiry re. the shed behind the Chemist shop.
ACTION - JP
10. Fete and Gala
- The school have requested three tables.
- A let will be put in for the school for the disco.
- The next meetings will be on 19th, 25th May and 1st June.
11. Any Other Business
- The noticeboard is in need of repair but it was decided to wait until the new extension of the Dumyat Centre is complete before re-erecting it.
- It was reported that there were problems with children hanging about the back of the Windmill and graffiti.
- A short discussion took place regarding Greenbelt.
- Coping Stones at the castle need repaired - LS will contact Cathy Knox.
ACTION - LS
12. Date and Time of Next Meeting
Tuesday 9th June 2009 at 7.00 pm.