» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Oct 2009 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

13th October 2009 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Library

Present:

In the chair

Les Sharp

Treasurer

Louise Craven

Members

Stan Paterson
Alison Muirhead
Austin Mitchell
Linda Matheson
Monika Mackenzie
Alison Stupart
Beth Cook
Barry Hill

Apologies:

Caroline Crawford
Jim Gardiner
Jim Kerr
Constable Stephen Currie, Central Scotland Police

In Attendance:

Councillor Janice Paterson, Clackmannanshire Council
Councillor Eddie Carrick, Clackmannanshire Council

1. Appointments and Resignations

Wendy Holt resigned from the Council and her letter of resignation was read to the Community Council by the Chairman.

2. Approval of Minutes of 8th September 2009

Approved: Stan Paterson
Seconded: Beth Cook

3. Matters Arising from Minutes

LM asked about the yellow lines at the school and was assured that they are now in place.

4. Treasurer's Report

The Annual Report had been distributed at the A.G.M.

5. Community Policeman's Report

Crime in the village remains very low. The gang from Edinburgh who were responsible for the car break-ins have been apprehended. Vigilance should still be used when leaving cars unattended and care should be taken to make sure they are locked overnight.

6. Councillors' Reports

Councillor Paterson

Councillor Paterson has asked the Council to resurface the School playground as it is a state of disrepair. The Council have agreed to do so.

Councillor Carrick

Councillor Carrick firstly talked about the budget constraints facing Clackmannanshire Council affecting many ongoing projects.

He has had a meeting with Gladedale but was very disappointed in their response this time. They refuse to have anything to do with building the extension.

The money is now secure for the extension. He told us we have been give assurances by the Chief Executive of the Council and a named person has been appointed. The work should start in January. Architects are reviewing the existing plans to see where savings could be made.

Matters raised by Community Council members

LC brought up her concern about the school buses. Apparently the one that goes to Tullibody is a single decker and is often very crowded. The other bus that goes to the end of the village is double decker and not fully utilised. EC will talk with bus contractor.

ACTION - EC

Beth asked for someone to look at the Lassman site on Park Road. EC will refer it to Health and Safety.

ACTION - EC

A complaint to Councillor Carrick from the community is the state of the bus shelters. EC will speak to Mac West.

ACTION - EC

LM asked about the removal of the bridge on Tullibody Road. [The hump-backed bridge over the old railway line - ed.]
EC stated that would be done in the future, but there are no plans meantime.

LS asked EC about the path going along to Blairlogie [the footpath beside the A91 - ed.] as it is in a state of disrepair.
EC suggested approaching the Landscape Partnership for money as all the money from that has to be spent on the Ochils.

7. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

8. Menstrie Matters

AM will look into the feasibility of purchasing our own printer. In the meantime we should keep up to date with our payments to the Scouts.

The next issue should be distributed first week in December and contain the village festive arrangements.

9. Dumyat Centre Extension

As before we have to keep the pressure on. AS asked if the Centre would be closed during building work. LS gave as much reassurance as was possible and will keep everyone informed.

10. Community Woodland

Water on the back road may be from the main pipe that burst recently. We have to get the drainage checked.

11. Fete and Gala 2010

First meeting will be held on Tuesday October 20th and monthly thereafter.

11. Any Other Business

ACTION - BH

12. Date and Time of Next Meeting

Tuesday 10th November 2009 at 7.00 pm.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy