» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Nov 2009 



Welcome to Menstrie


Services, activities


History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...


You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results



17th November 2009 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Library
(Postponed from 10th November)


In the chair

Les Sharp


Caroline Crawford


Louise Craven


Stan Paterson


Alison Muirhead
Jim Gardiner
Austin Mitchell
Linda Matheson
Beth Cook
Alison Stupart
Barry Hill
Jim Kerr
Sarah-Louise Philip


Monika Mackenzie
Constable Stephen Currie, Central Scotland Police
Councillor Eddie Carrick, Clackmannanshire Council

In Attendance:

Councillor Janice Paterson, Clackmannanshire Council
Tracy Duff, Youth and Community work, Clackmannanshire Council
3 residents

1. Appointments and Resignations

The Chair welcomed the new members to the meeting.

2. Approval of Minutes of 13th October 2009

Approved: Alison Stupart
Seconded: Beth Cook

3. Matters Arising from Minutes

Any matters from the Minutes were Agenda items.

4. Treasurer's Report

Total funds (including Gala and IT ring-fenced money): £8,289.45

5. Community Policeman's Report

In the absence of P.C. Currie there was no report.

6. Councillors' Reports

Councillor Paterson

Councillor Paterson intimated that a Special Meeting of Clackmannanshire Council was called for the 30th November regarding what effect the budget cuts will have on services.

Matters raised by Community Council members

ACTION (5 points)- EC

7. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and the following points were noted:


A letter from Mac West at Clackmannanshire Council contained the following points:

8. Dumyat Centre Extension

The project is hopefully now on target and is expected to be completed by the end of May 2010. Ninian Somerville has been put in charge of the project and he will be our liaison contact.

9. Menstrie Matters

Contributions to Menstrie Matters need to be with LM by 27th November for copying and issue by the first week in December.
SLP is undertaking to find out details of all the groups in the village.

10. Community Woodland

Storm drainage

During the recent very wet weather there have been problems with water coming across the path at the bottom of the wood. As a result, LS and CC met with BTCV who have agreed in the next few weeks to dig out the culvert and put a pipe in down the side, under the footpath then pipe it into the main sewer. The culvert will then be backfilled.
It was also suggested that we put some kind of barrier spaced apart to stop vehicles damaging the culvert by driving over it.

Charitable status ?

CC and AM attended the Community Woodland Conference in Drumnadrochit. A lot of useful information came from the Conference and consideration should be given to making the Woodland Group a charity and separate independent organisation from the Community Council. AM will take this forward.


AM, CC, LM and LC have agreed to be part of this new organisation and hopefully several others both locally and outwith the village will come forward to join us. We really need the help of a professional forester to advise us.

11. Any Other Business

Christmas Tree

The Christmas Tree will be erected on Saturday 5th December. Several people have volunteered to help erect it on the Saturday morning. LS will purchase more lights.


Christmas Carols

The Christmas Carols round the Christmas tree will take place on Thursday 17th December from 6.15 to 9.15 pm. Santa will make an appearance. LS will purchase Glow Sticks and Selection Boxes: 120.



A fundraising Bingo Tea will be held in the Burnside Inn on Wednesday 2nd December.

Tennis Courts

Letter to go to Kerry Bioscience regarding the tennis courts.


12. Date and Time of Next Meeting

Tuesday 8th December 2009 at 7.00 pm.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy