MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING
17th November 2009 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Library
(Postponed from 10th November)
In the chair
Constable Stephen Currie, Central Scotland Police
Councillor Eddie Carrick, Clackmannanshire Council
Councillor Janice Paterson, Clackmannanshire Council
Tracy Duff, Youth and Community work, Clackmannanshire Council
1. Appointments and Resignations
The Chair welcomed the new members to the meeting.
2. Approval of Minutes of 13th October 2009
Approved: Alison Stupart
Seconded: Beth Cook
3. Matters Arising from Minutes
Any matters from the Minutes were Agenda items.
4. Treasurer's Report
Total funds (including Gala and IT ring-fenced money): £8,289.45
5. Community Policeman's Report
In the absence of P.C. Currie there was no report.
6. Councillors' Reports
Councillor Paterson intimated that a Special Meeting of Clackmannanshire Council was called for the 30th November regarding what effect the budget cuts will have on services.
Matters raised by Community Council members
- What is happening with the kick-about area?
- What about the path to the school grounds?
- Could reflector strips be put on the new fence on the Tullibody Road?
- Could fencing be put round the children's play area to stop dogs fouling this area?
- There is a built-up of earth beneath the hedge in the lane beside Laurelbank which seems to have accumulated since the new house was built.
ACTION (5 points)- EC
All correspondence was read and the following points were noted:
- Gladedale Holdings Ltd. are now called Betts again.
- An invitation to a discussion on the provision of a church in the new village to be built at Forestmill. JG may attend the meeting.
- Lorry going down Park Road South is eroding the surface even more.
A letter from Mac West at Clackmannanshire Council contained the following points:
- Bus Shelter: No new bus shelters in the village.
- The 30mph sign at the west end of the village is being obscured by overhanging branches from the trees in the woodland.
- The footpath between Menstrie and Blairlogie needs cleared.
8. Dumyat Centre Extension
The project is hopefully now on target and is expected to be completed by the end of May 2010. Ninian Somerville has been put in charge of the project and he will be our liaison contact.
9. Menstrie Matters
Contributions to Menstrie Matters need to be with LM by 27th November for copying
and issue by the first week in December.
SLP is undertaking to find out details of all the groups in the village.
10. Community Woodland
During the recent very wet weather there have been problems with
water coming across the path at the bottom of the wood.
As a result, LS and CC met with BTCV
who have agreed in the next few weeks to dig out the culvert
and put a pipe in down the side, under the footpath then pipe it into the main sewer.
The culvert will then be backfilled.
It was also suggested that we put some kind of barrier spaced apart to stop vehicles damaging the culvert by driving over it.
Charitable status ?
CC and AM attended the Community Woodland Conference in Drumnadrochit. A lot of useful information came from the Conference and consideration should be given to making the Woodland Group a charity and separate independent organisation from the Community Council. AM will take this forward.
AM, CC, LM and LC have agreed to be part of this new organisation and hopefully several others both locally and outwith the village will come forward to join us. We really need the help of a professional forester to advise us.
11. Any Other Business
The Christmas Tree will be erected on Saturday 5th December. Several people have volunteered to help erect it on the Saturday morning. LS will purchase more lights.
The Christmas Carols round the Christmas tree will take place on Thursday 17th December from 6.15 to 9.15 pm. Santa will make an appearance. LS will purchase Glow Sticks and Selection Boxes: 120.
A fundraising Bingo Tea will be held in the Burnside Inn on Wednesday 2nd December.
Letter to go to Kerry Bioscience regarding the tennis courts.
ACTION - CC
12. Date and Time of Next Meeting
Tuesday 8th December 2009 at 7.00 pm.