» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Mar 2010 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

9th March 2010 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Library

Present:

In the chair

Les Sharp

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Vice-Chairperson

Stan Paterson

Treasurer

Louise Craven

Members

Linda Matheson
Austin Mitchell
Alison Muirhead
Alison Stupart

Apologies:

Jim Gardiner
Beth Cook
Constable Stephen Currie, Central Scotland Police

In Attendance:

Councillor Eddie Carrick, Clackmannanshire Council
Councillor Janice Paterson, Clackmannanshire Council
Tom Mack and Menstrie Scouts

The Chair welcomed the members of the Menstrie Scout Group to the meeting.

1. Appointments and Resignations

None

2. Approval of Minutes of 9th February 2010

Approved: Linda Matheson
Seconded: Stan Paterson

3. Matters Arising from Minutes

Park Road South

Park Road South has had some improvements done to help alleviate the flooding and potholes.

Woodland drainage

BTCV will start on the drainage ditch at the Woodland on Thursday morning.

Road sweeping

SP contacted the Council and explained that we were disappointed about the standard of the street sweeping. Since the call things have improved slightly. It is the man with the brush that is required to make these improvements. EC will speak to Land Services.

ACTION - EC

4. Treasurer's Report

Total of all funds: £7,259.66

5. Community Policeman's Report

In the absence of P.C. Currie there was no report.

6. Councillors' Reports

Councillor Paterson reported that she had made an enquiry on our behalf regarding free lets for the Gala week.

Councillor Carrick reported that the let charges were to be increased by 7% but this is the first increase for four years. It was suggested that we ourselves write to Sheila Bulloch in regard to let fees for the Fete week and Gala Day.

The problems at the school regarding the zig-zag lines will be rectified soon.

7. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned.

8. Menstrie Matters

Tom Mack is in the process of printing off the copies and this will then be collated by members. The next issue will be early as it will have to go out by the end of May before the Fete and Gala in June.

9. Dumyat Centre Extension

It was suggested that we talk to the Council about the upgrading of the car park. The extension has started and is on schedule to be completed by the beginning of June.

10. Community Woodland

LS said there was a lot of rubbish lying in the back gardens beside the wood road which was unsightly. He will contact David Reid to ask if it would be possible for a free one off uplift for a rubbish amnesty.

ACTION - LS

11. Fete and Gala

The last fundraising Bingo Tea will be held in April. The next Gala meeting will be held on Tuesday 16th March.

12. Any Other Business

Hanging flower baskets

LS and CC met with Cathy Knox of Land Services and have agreed that the Community Council would take on the watering of the hanging baskets and tubs. In the light of Council cutbacks there will be no baskets this year without us doing the watering.

Allotments

Enquiries will be made of Julie Hamilton regarding the possibility of the old washing area behind the Church being utilised for allotment raised beds at a peppercorn rent.

ACTION - CC

Ochil Landscape Partnership

We have received details of our proposed project for Menstrie Glen. CC and LS will attend the next Steering Group meeting to be held on 23rd March.

Direct bus to Alloa

The new direct bus service from Menstrie to Alloa will commence on the 29th March. This will considerably reduce the travel time.

Encroaching conifer

There is a problem with a conifer tree in Castle Road which is encroaching on a privately owned garden.

ACTION - EC

15. Date and Time of Next Meeting

Tuesday 13th April 2010 at 7.00pm.

There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.45pm.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy