MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING
11th May 2010 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Library
In the chair
Stan Paterson (Vice-Chairperson)
Constable Stephen Currie, Central Scotland Police
Councillor Eddie Carrick, Clackmannanshire Council
Councillor Janice Paterson, Clackmannanshire Council
1. Appointments and Resignations
2. Approval of Minutes of 13th April 2010
Approved: Beth Cook
Seconded: Jim Gardiner
3. Matters Arising from Minutes
- Road sweeping
Improvement in the road sweeping was noted by all.
- Trees in Castle Court
These are being left for the meantime. Clacks Council may tidy up at a later date.
- Under-age drinking
There is still a problem with youths drinking at the bottom of Broom Park West.
There seems to be a problem getting in touch with PC Currie: CK phoned Alloa and was told to phone Stirling.
LC commented that, at the last meeting, PC Currie gave us the number to call.
Councillor Carrick suggested that CC write a letter to Chief Superintendent Alan Douglas.
ACTION - CC
4. Treasurer's Report
Purchase of paper, Menstrie Matters: £ 187.43 Income from advertisements, this quarter: £ 140.00 Total of funds in the bank: £7,300.51
5. Community Policeman's Report
In the absence of PC Currie there was no report.
6. Councillors' Reports
- Dumyat Centre extension
This is still on schedule. The Centre will be closed from 24th to 29th of May.
- Councillors' availability
Councillors Carrick and Paterson announced they will still be available for consultation during the summer months.
- Crows in Windsor Street
The council intend to put up imitation red kites and injured crow sounds. This will cost the Council about £1000. LM is to put this information into Menstrie Matters.
ACTION - LM
7. Menstrie Matters
Items to be included in the next edition:
- Problem of Crows in Windsor Street:
Janice Paterson (as a resident of Windsor Street not as a councillor)
will survey all the houses affected if the red kites fail, and report back to EC.
- Announcement that Councillors Carrick and Paterson will be available during the summer.
8. Fete and Gala
Next meeting of the Committee: Wednesday 19th May.
9. Any Other Business
- Councillor Paterson informed the committee that she had had her purse stolen in Stirling. 'Be warned and take extra care'
- Acting Head of Education is Leslie Robertson.
10. Date and Time of Next Meeting
Tuesday 15th June 2010 at 7.00pm. (After the Gala)