MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING
14th December 2010 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room
In the chair
Stan Paterson (Vice-Chairperson)
Derek McEwan, Digital TV Switchover Scheme
1. Appointments and Resignations
2. Approval of Minutes of 9th November 2010
Approved: Linda Matheson
Seconded: Jim Gardiner
3. Matters Arising from Minute of 9th November 2010
Success was had through Mac West in that the bridge at Burnside Road will now be treated when it is icy.
4. Digital TV Switchover Scheme - Derek McEwan
The digital switchover will take place in this area during the end of May and the first two weeks in June 2011. BBC2 will switch over 2 weeks before. Everybody over the age of 75, anybody else on allowances, and those registered as blind or partially sighted will received a letter from the Scheme offering them assistance with the switchover. For people who are eligible there will be a flat rate of £40.
Derek gave a very informative visual presentation on the switchover. He has agreed to come along with the roadshow van on the day of the Duck Race at Easter when people can get instruction on how to carry out the switchover.
5. Treasurer's Report
The Treasurer still awaits the Audited Accounts but gave an update of the financial position up to 31st October 2010:
- At this date the balance stood at £7,673.79.
- Efforts continue to access the passbook Wood Account which has a balance of £1,800.
- Arrangements will have to be made regarding the payment of the website since Austin has moved away.
It was agreed that we should look at changing our banking arrangements. A representative of the Unity Trust Bank (which specialises in services to the Voluntary Sector) would be invited along to the January meeting.
ACTION - RN
6. Community Police Officers' Report
In the absence of PC Smith there was no report.
7. Councillors' Report
In the absence of both Councillors there was nothing to report.
Correspondence was read and actioned.
9. Dumyat Centre
Les Sharp has submitted the draft proposal to Stephen Crawford but to date there has been no reply.
Les also met at the Dumyat Centre with the head of the CAP (Community Access Point) and put forward the suggestions that:
- the small committee room be cleared and some decent furniture sourced;
- the storage within the main hall be sorted out;
- equipment either be kept and repaired or offered to suitable groups;
- shelving be sourced and space allocated to relevant groups who use the Centre regularly.
Once the small Committee Room was in a decent state it could be regarded as:
- a space for Community Council business and meetings;
- Councillors' surgeries.
10. Local Development Plan
A short discussion took place. The Council will hold a consultation meeting in the village at the end of February.
11. Community Woodland
An application has been made for funding for some equipment for the Woodland and storage.
12. Fete and Gala 2011
The next meeting will take place on Tuesday 18th January.
ACTION - SP
13. Any Other Business
There have been complaints about the lack of heating in the Community Room during the period of bookings. If people pay money for a let the room should at least be warm. CC will contact Brian Forbes to investigate.
ACTION - CC
14. Date and Time of Next Meeting
Tuesday 11th January 2011 at 7.00pm in the Dumyat Centre.
JG gave his apologies for both the January and February meeting.
December 2011: Updated link to CAP - ed.