» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Jan 2011 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

11th January 2011 at 7.00pm , Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Les Sharp (Chairperson)

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Louise Craven

Members present

Stan Paterson (Vice-Chairperson)
Monika MacKenzie
Linda Matheson
Maurice Dixon
Christine Kidston
Rebecca Noon
Maeve Bain

Apologies:

Andrew Noon
Alison Stupart
Beth Cook
Jim Gardiner
Councillor Janice Paterson, Clackmannanshire Council

In Attendance:

Constable Chris Smith, Central Scotland Police
Clair MacKay

1. Appointments and Resignations

None

2. Approval of Minutes of 14th December 2010

Approved: Louise Craven
Seconded: Stan Paterson

3. Matters Arising from Minute of 14th December 2010

Items are covered in the Agenda.

4. Treasurer's Report

The Audited Accounts have now been received and the balance stands at £7,842.76. CC will submit the Audited Accounts, together with those for last year (which the Council say they did not receive), to Clackmannanshire Council for payment.

ACTION - CC

CC will take the completed form for the closure of the Wood Account to the Bank of Scotland in order to complete the transaction of closing the account and transferring the balance into the Treasurer's Account.

ACTION - CC

Information was received via Rebecca Noon regarding the Unity Trust Bank. LS will look at the information and report back to the next meeting. It was considered to be a priority that we now change our accounting system and bank.

ACTION - LS

5. Community Police Officers' Report

PC Smith presented a very comprehensive written and verbal report to the members.
• 14 reported crime reports were made since the last CC meeting.
• High visibility patrols will continue.

6. Councillors' Reports

In the absence of both Councillors there was no report.

7. Correspondence

Correspondence was read and actioned.

A training course "Engaging with your Community" to be held in the Dumyat Centre on Thursday 3rd March from 7.00 - 9.00 pm was highlighted and the following people put their names forward to attend:
CC, CK, MB, LM, LS, MD, MMcK, SP, RN or AN.

CC is currently attending a series of four training courses, entitled "Getting the best out of committees".

8. Dumyat Centre

There was disappointment that the Council had made no response to the written draft proposal which was sent to them. However, we do understand that currently their priorities lie elsewhere at the moment preparing the budget proposals.

9. Local Development Plan: Public consultation

Members were reminded of the importance of attending the Public Consultation Meeting to be held in the Dumyat Centre Community Room on 26th February from 10.00 am to 12.00 noon.

Members are urged to encourage other members of the community to go along and make comment or submit comments on the Clackmannanshire Council website.

The Plan can be viewed in the Library or on-line on Clackmannanshire Council's website.

10. Formation of Sub-Committees

Discussion took place regarding the formation of additional Sub-committees of the Community Council. The following were suggested, among others:
• Finance
• Funding
• Woodland
• Gala and Fete
• Planning
• Communication
• Grants
• Future Events

It was also pointed out that people would not need to be a member of the Community Council to be on a Sub-committee but would have no voting rights. All decisions from the Sub-Committees would then be brought to the full Community Council meeting for a decision.

11. Community Woodland

Following a successful application to Paths for All, funding has been received amounting to £965. This will be used to purchase tools and a metal shed for the woodland.

A large amount of work requires to be done in the woodland; a priority being getting the banking by the path secure to prevent egress of soil onto the path. It was agreed that LS will have a banner made for the woodland indicating "Volunteers at Work" as people walking along the path when work is being undertaken are unaware of who is working and what work they are doing.

ACTION - LS

12. Fete and Gala 2011

The next meeting will take place on Tuesday 18th January.

ACTION - SP

13. Future Events

The next scheduled event by the Community Council will be the Duck Race which will be held on Easter Sunday 24th April. This will include a BBQ.
The possibility of having some craft stalls is being investigated.

14. Any Other Business

It was brought to our attention that since the extension there is no longer an ashtray near the main entrance to the Centre.

ACTION - CC

Work is currently being undertaken on the Menstrie branch line: lifting the track and sleepers in preparation for conversion to a walkway and cycle path on similar lines to the Devon Way. This work is being funded by SUSTRANS.

15. Date and Time of Next Meeting

Tuesday 8th February 2011 at 7.00 pm in the Dumyat Centre
JG apologised for absence in advance of the meeting.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy