» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Sep 2011 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 7th September 2011 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Les Sharp

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Louise Craven

Members present

Stan Paterson (Vice-Chairperson)
Beth Cook
Maeve Bain
Jim Gardiner
Andrew Noon
Christine Kidston
Monika Mackenzie

Apologies:

Linda Matheson
Councillor Janice Paterson, Clackmannanshire Council

In attendance:

Constable Chris Smith, Central Scotland Police

1. Appointments and resignations

None

2. Approval of minutes of 14th June 2011

Approved: Stan Paterson
Seconded: Jim Gardiner

3. Matters arising from minutes of 14th Jun 2011

No communication has been received regarding payment of the let fees for the summer activities in the Dumyat Centre.

4. Treasurer's report

Balance - £6,908.12
Agreed to pay the Scouts for the printing of the Menstrie Matters.

5. Community Police Officers' report

PC Smith provided a written report. There was no real increase in crime during the summer months.

Apologies were given that the new Community Policeman was unable to attend.

6. Councillors' report

In the absence of both Councillors there was no report.

Several traffic issues were highlighted and LS will contact Mac West.

ACTION - LS

7. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned.

8. Dumyat Centre

LS outlined some of the proposals for the Dumyat Centre and it is hoped that there will be a re-launch sometime in November.

9. Menstrie Matters

The next issue will be due for distribution at the end of September.

10. Community woodland

A woodland work day has been organised for Saturday 29th October from 10.00 onwards when it is hoped that villagers will come along and help.

11. Any other business

• Traffic concern

It is a problem on occasions exiting from Middleton Kerse Estate onto the Tullibody Road, especially when the bus is at the stop. LS will get in touch with Mac West regarding this matter.

ACTION - LS

• Grit bins

Discussion also took place regarding grit bins for the winter in some parts of the village.

ACTION - LS

• Working sub-groups

The setting up of working sub-groups was discussed and this will be further discussed after the AGM.

• Planning

A planning application has been submitted to Clacks Council regarding extended hours for the Pit Stop and alterations to the use. It was agreed that we would put in an objection to this application.

ACTION - LS and all

• Proposed BMX track

Further discussion took place regarding the possibility of a BMX track down the side of the park.

13. Date and time of the next meeting

Tuesday 4th October 2011 7.00 pm in the Dumyat Centre.
This will be the AGM, followed by an abbreviated Monthly Meeting.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy