» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Nov 2011 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 8th November at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Les Sharp

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Members present

Stan Paterson (Vice-Chairperson)
Maeve Bain
Beth Cook
Louise Craven
Christine Kidston
Monika Mackenzie
Linda Matheson

Apologies:

Maurice Dixon
Jim Gardiner
Andrew Noon
Rebecca Noon

In attendance:

Councillor Janice Paterson, Clackmannanshire Council
Emer Kennedy, Adult Day Services, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable David Armitage, Central Scotland Police
Val Calder
Sheena Stone, Ochils Landscape Partnership
Dennis Toon,Ochils Landscape Partnership

1. Appointments and resignations

None.

2. Approval of minutes of 4th October 2011

Approved: Beth Cook
Seconded: Linda Matheson

3. Presentation by Dennis Toon and Sheena Stone, Ochils Landscape Partnership

The partnership has been set up as a trust, managed by an Executive Committee of 6 to 7 people and is made up of mainly community representatives. It has taken nearly 18 months to get to this stage but they are just about to get the green light to start. Sheena Stone has been appointed as the co-ordinator and other staff are currently being appointed. There will be 22 projects spread over three years with a 7 year maintenance period. The total cost of the scheme is £2.26m. The Hillfoots Way will be one of the first projects and the Menstrie project will be in year 2.

The Chair thanked them both for coming along to talk to us.

4. Matters Arising from the minutes

LS has met with Mac West and discussed the outstanding lighting and road issues.

5. Treasurer's report

The current balance stands at £7,058.58.

LS will make an application for the Gala grant.

6. Community Police Officers' report

PC Armitage presented a written report to the members. Since the last meeting, excluding minor road traffic offences, 8 crimes have been committed. Four of these have been detected and 4 are outstanding. There have been problems with the school bus coming round Menstrie Place and mounting the pavement. BC will speak to the Head Teacher regarding this matter. All of these issues will be passed to the Community Policeman.

7. Councillor Paterson's report

The railings have been fixed at the bridge,

Salt bins: Since the statement at the last meeting, the Council have now said that they will only provide bins where they think they are needed while some others will be removed.

Alva Swimming Pool: The Swimming Pool has been saved. It has been sold to the community leisure enterprise. A grant of £100,000 has been given to them towards the improvements that are required and they will have to raise the additional funding themselves.

Garages: Councillor Paterson will find out about the waiting list for local lock-up garages.

8. Community Woodland

The woodland clean-up went very well. The Community Payback workers have done a lot of work in the woodland.

LS met with Mac West from the Council regarding the responsibility for the woodland road who agreed that tarmacing the road was unlikely to have caused any damage to the stability of the wall in question. The path will become part of the Hillfoots Way in the Ochils Landscape Partnership.

9. Dumyat Centre

LS has a further meeting with the Council in the next two weeks. The Library will be closed to allow the new shelving and other improvements to take place. The Council have said they will paint the Community Room and two residents in the village have offered to get the Primary School children involved with the decoration of one wall of that room.

ACTION - LS

10. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned.

A copy of our letter sent to the Director of Education for Stirling and Clackmannanshire, and to which we have had no reply, was passed to Val Calder to discuss with the Head Teacher.

11. Menstrie Matters

The next issue will be distributed early December.

12. Presentation by Emer Kennedy, Adult Day Services

Emer talked about the Garden Project run by Adult Day Services at Glenochil Nursery. She appealed for local people to get involved with the project.

Land Services gave land at Glenochil Nursery and they received funding to prepare the land. They have raised beds, paths, a polytunnel, a shed and a small house with toilet and changing facilities for the disabled. They have been there for three years and have three groups three days a week. They teach people with learning disabilities to grow their own food and have also been working with Menstrie Primary School. They very much want the community's involvement. There is space for people to grow things for themselves as a group or as an individual and have some involvement with the people already there. Plants could be grown for the tubs in the village and for the baskets for the summer.

We will put an article in the March issue of the Menstrie Matters.

The Chair then thanked Emer for coming along to talk to us.

13. Any other business

There is no lighting at present at the back of the Dumyat Centre. This will be investigated.

14. Date and time of the next meeting

Tuesday 13th December 2011 in the Dumyat Centre.

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.10.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy