» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Dec 2011 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 13th December at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Les Sharp

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Members present

Stan Paterson (Vice-Chairperson)
Beth Cook
Monika Mackenzie
Linda Matheson
Jim Gardiner
Rebecca Noon

Apologies:

Andrew Noon
Louise Craven
Maeve Bain
Christine Kidston
Councillor Janice Paterson, Clackmannanshire Council

In attendance:

Constable Chris Smith, Central Scotland Police
Danny Downie
Douglas Sheppard

1. Appointments and resignations

None.

2. Approval of minutes of 8th November 2011

Approved: Beth Cook
Seconded: Monika MacKenzie

3. Matters Arising from the minutes

The bollards at the pavement outside the Dumyat Centre are to be replaced with a barrier.
Any other items are covered under Agenda items.

4. Treasurer's report

Treasurer still awaits a copy of the September statement and the November statement has also not been received. Based on the figures in the October statement the current balance stands at £7,520.24.

It was agreed to transfer some of the balance into the Woodland Account but this will be discussed further at the January meeting.

ACTION - All

5. Community Police Officers' report

PC Smith presented a written report to the members.
Crime figures were down on last month's.
Speeding throughout the village will continue to be monitored.

6. Councillors' reports

In the absence of both Councillors there was no report.

7. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned as required.

8. Community Woodland

The Community Payback is going to start on Phase 2 of the path from the Church to end of the path. They will clear the path back to a full width and possibly do some drainage work. To date they have done excellent work in the woodland. The path needs cut back to about 6-8 feet and the trees used to make an edging. BC will talk to Robert and Gary and JC will talk to Alistair.

9. Dumyat Centre

The refurbishment of the Library has now been completed. A coffee machine is still to be installed and the Council have agreed to finance this for a trial period of 2 months after which a charge will have to be made for coffee etc. We have agreed to supply biscuits for the trial period.

LS will have a meeting shortly with Brian Forbes to discuss the outstanding improvements but some of these will not be done until the new financial year.

ACTION - LS

A discussion took place regarding re-naming the Centre and it was unanimously agreed by those present that the name we would like it to be was 'Menstrie Community Centre'.

10. Menstrie Matters

The December issue has now been distributed. Discussion took place regarding the printing of the Newsletter but it was agreed that, after investigating other sources of printing, it would not be financially viable.

11. Planning

Discussion took place around the two new proposed Windfarm developments for a further 16 turbines at Burnfoot. As a Community Council we are able to make comment, as is each individual member in their own right.
After considerable discussion we agreed that we did not object to the proposals.

12. Any other business

BC intimated that the last fundraising Bingo Tea had to be cancelled due to the Dumyat Centre being closed because of the high winds and this has been re-arranged for later this week. Discussion took place as to why a booking cannot be made directly in the Centre and LS will discuss this with BF later this week.

ACTION - LS

LS has agreed to an on-line diary on our website.

13. Date and time of the next meeting

Tuesday 10th January 2012 in the Dumyat Centre.

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.05.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy