» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Feb 2012 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 14th February 2012 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Les Sharp

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Members present

Stan Paterson (Vice-Chairperson)
Beth Cook
Jim Gardiner
Maeve Bain
Maurice Dickson
Louise Craven
Christine Kidston

Apologies:

Andrew Noon
Rebecca Noon
Linda Matheson
Monika Mackenzie
Constables Armitage and Smith, Central Scotland Police
Councillor Janice Paterson, Clackmannanshire Council

In attendance:

Councillor Eddie Carrick, Clackmannanshire Council
Lesley Baillie, Clackmannanshire Council
Eileen Turnbull, Clackmannanshire Council
Lyn Mack, Clackmannanshire Deputy Lieutenant

1. Appointments and resignations

None.

2. Approval of minutes of 10th January 2012

Approved: Beth Cook
Seconded: Stan Paterson

3. Councillor Carrick's Report

* ACTIONS - EC

4. Settlement Review

Lesley Baillie, Community Council Liaison Officer, gave an overview of the Settlement Review and introduced Eileen Turnbull, Facilities Manager for Council assets across Clackmannanshire. This is a piece of work which was introduced at the Joint Community Council Forum (JCCF) when it was discussed as to how the Council could improve relationships between the Council and Community Councils.

At the JCCF December meeting Elaine Macpherson, Chief Executive, spoke to the JCCF and presented her ideas on how this could be achieved. There is a need for more community engagement and this could possibly create some increased work for Community Councils but would be supported by the Council.

It is intended to have a look at the whole Community so that the services can be built around what the whole community needs. Examples would be what activities are needed that are not currently in the Dumyat Centre and what could be implemented. The Community Councils have to decide if they want to take this forward. If agreeable a plan will be drawn up for taking this forward. Eileen Turnbull added that in a community like Menstrie the work would entail how can we make sure that Council services are in the right place, taking into account the other facilities in Menstrie.

At this point Lesley and Eileen left the meeting.

5. Lyn Mack, Deputy Lieutenant for Clackmannanshire.

Lyn introduced herself and spoke about the celebrations that are planned for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in June. Responsibility for local events has been handed down to Community Councils. Already organised are Jubilee beacons which will be lit throughout the County, with one each in Menstrie, Alva, Tillicoultry and Dollar; and flares from Clackmannan Tower and Alloa Tower. Menstrie Scouts have volunteered to build the one on the top of Dumyat. This will take place on Monday 4th June at 10.30pm. Public liability insurance is in place for the beacons and flares. It would also be suitable to have a torchlight procession but this would require funding.

After discussion it was agreed that LS and CC would look into the possibility of obtaining funding to have a Diamond Jubilee Garden Party in Midtown Gardens on Sunday 3rd June which would replace the normal Fete Week Music in the Gardens. LS and CC will meet and report to the next meeting of the Community Council. Clacks Council will make available a £500 grant for this but unfortunately since we already get a grant of £500 towards the Gala and Fete Week this will not be available to us.

6. Matters srising from minutes

These were covered by Agenda items.

7. Treasurer's report

The current balance stands at £8,590.73.

This total comprises of General CC funds, Gala funds, Woodland funds and Menstrie Matters.

£700 has been transferred from the General funds to the Woodland a/c to cover insurance and other costs.

JC will make arrangements for two debit cards to be made available for LS and AN with £500 on each.

Data Protection insurance was paid at a cost of £35.

8. Community Police Officers' report

In the absence of the constables, a written report was distributed to the members.
The report can be viewed on this website at the link shown.

9. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned as required.

10. Community Woodland

There is work that requires to be carried out in the wood and something will be organised, hopefully with a work party some weekend.

11. Dumyat Centre

LS had a further meeting with Brian Forbes of Clacks Council. The re-launch has now been put back until June, hopefully during the Fete Week.

12. Menstrie Matters

The next issue will be at the beginning of March with contributions deadline of 24th February.

13. Any other business

A fundraising Race Night in aid of Gala funds has been organised in the Hollytree Hotel on the 2nd March.

Sponsors are still required to adopt a tub or hanging baskets in the village. The sponsor's names will be put on the tubs and it was agreed that since it is Jubilee year then a red, white and blue theme would be appropriate.

JG will return the Santa Clause outfit to BC.

ACTION - JG

14. Date and time of the next meeting

Tuesday 13th March 2012 in the Dumyat Centre.

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.25.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy