» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Mar 2012 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 13th March 2012 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Les Sharp

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Members present

Stan Paterson (Vice-Chairperson)
Beth Cook
Jim Gardiner
Maurice Dickson
Christine Kidston
Monika Mackenzie
Rebecca Noon
Linda Matheson

Apologies:

Andrew Noon
Maeve Bain
Constables Armitage and Smith, Central Scotland Police
Councillor Eddie Carrick, Clackmannanshire Council

In attendance:

Councillor Janis Paterson, Clackmannanshire Council

1. Appointments and resignations

None.

2. Approval of minutes of 14th February 2012

Approved: Christine Kidston
Seconded: Jim Gardiner

3. Matters arising from minutes

These were covered by Agenda items.

4. Treasurer's report

The balance of all accounts stands at £9,060.47.

5. Community Police Officers' report

In the absence of both constables, a written report was circulated to each member.
The report can be viewed on this website at the link shown.

It was reported by members that a group of young people are causing disturbances in the area of Burnside Road, the bridge over the burn at Burnside Road, at the T-junction at the corner of Middleton, on the new footpath towards the bridge, climbing on the roof of the Burnside Inn, throwing broken bottles under the road bridge on the new footpath and throwing tree branches onto the road. As a result of this other children are being intimidated. This is not a trend we want to see escalate in the village and should be dealt with as early as possible. Some of these youngsters are coming from outside the village and others live in the village.

Councillor Paterson agreed to pursue this matter and hopefully get the Community Wardens involved.

ACTION - JP

6. Councillor Paterson's Reports

Councillor Paterson reported that as from today Councillors cannot do anything political Council wise but can still put in reports to the Council.

The new administration are to re-open the Public Toilets in Alloa and have provided additional funding for the Pool in Alva. It was pointed out that there are no Public Toilets in Alva and Councillor Paterson agreed to find out if the toilets in the Cafe at the Mill Outlet were available to the public.

ACTION - JP

It was reported that there was a large hole in the road at the top of Forthvale.

ACTION - JP

Some additional tar needs to be put down at the sides of the new footpath between East Mains and Middleton Kerse Estate.

ACTION - JP

There is a large pool of water (could be a ditch) on the new footpath at the opposite side of the path where it joins the Manor Kingdom Estate. This is a danger to young children.

ACTION - JP

7. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned as required.

8. Community Woodland

Community Payback have been back and cleared the path again.

Considerable work requires to be done in the woodland and hopefully a work party, together with the Scouts, will have a clear up day at the end of April. LM will pass to LS details of a contact that has offered his help.

ACTION - LM

9. Dumyat Centre

No further work has been done but work will continue after the start of the new financial year. In the meantime it is hoped that a coffee machine will be installed in the Reception area.

The Council have agreed that they will have a re-launch of the Centre on Saturday 2nd June at the start of the Fete Week and this will give time for the remainder of the work to be completed. The launch will include children's activities, sport taster sessions etc. These will take place on the morning of 2nd June up until 2.00p.m.

Car parking remains a problem and this will be discussed further with the Council.

ACTION - LS

10. Menstrie Matters

The next issue will be due out by mid-May for the Gala and Fete. The Church are now going to take on the printing of Menstrie Matters from the May issue.

11. Jubilee Celebrations

CC has applied for funding for this one-off event and we should know if we are successful sometime in April. The Community Council themselves will be funding the mugs and these have been ordered at a cost of £783. LS will put permission slips into the Dumyat Centre.

ACTION - LS

Possible entertainment will be the Hillfoots Orchestra, Jazz Orchestra, Pop Group etc. JC agreed to speak to Martin Jones about a singing initiative.

ACTION - JC

12. Duck Race

This will take place on Easter Sunday and helpers should be in the gardens by 12 noon to organise the event. There will be a tombola stall to raise funds for the Woodland and each member is asked to provide prizes. BC will co-ordinate this.

ACTION - BC

LS agreed to boil the eggs for the egg painting.

ACTION - LS

SP agreed to sell the ducks; CC and JC will man the burger stall. Other members agreed to be in the Burn retrieving the ducks!

The Dumyat Centre will be closed over the weekend because of the Easter Holidays so the equipment we require will have to be taken out of the storage cupboard by the 5th April. JG has offered assistance with a trailer to transport the equipment and storage facilities over the weekend.

ACTION - JG

13. Any other business

Concern was raised last month about the state of litter in the village and David Reid agreed to meet with Stan Paterson to walk round the village and view the problem areas. However, David Reid has not yet made contact with SP so LS has agreed to contact David Reid and have this followed up.

ACTION - LS

Car parking at the school remains a problem. LS agreed to speak to Alan Murray or Mac West and also follow up the possibility of walking buses.

ACTION - LS

It was also noted that the Costcutters shop is now under new management and they propose to change it to a Premier.

14. Date and time of the next meeting

Tuesday 10th April 2012 in the Dumyat Centre.

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.15.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy