MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday 13th November 2012 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room
In the chair
Stan Paterson (Chairperson)
Councillor Jim Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable David Armitage, Central Scotland Police
Constable Chris Smith, Central Scotland Police
Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Stuart Dean, Friends of the Ochils
1. Appointments and resignations
2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 9th October 2012
Approved: Judy Collier
Seconded: Jim Gardiner
3. Matters arising from minutes
Covered by Agenda items
4. Treasurer's report
Current total balance of all accounts is: £5,662.20 plus £400 Clacks Council Annual Grant
5. Community Police Officers' report
In the absence of both constables a written report from the Community Police was circulated to members.
6. Councillors' reports
Traffic near the school
Following an incident at the Primary School involving a school bus it was agreed that CC would invite a representative from Clacks Council and the Headteacher to the December meeting to discuss the problems of parking.
Footway beside the A91
LS and CC met with representatives of Clacks Council regarding the improvements planned to the footpath between Blairlogie House and the entrance to Menstrie. As this foopath will incorporate a cycle path it was agreed that the Council would remove the line of trees adjacent to the A91 in order to facilitate this. Improvements will also be made to the drainage.
Flood risk survey
The outcome of the report to Council on the flooding issue is awaited. It is understood that surveyors have been out in the village doing a survey of the flooding issue.
Litter in the public park
A letter has been sent to all football teams who hire the park telling them that a condition of the let is that they clean up after they have used the area.
The Burnside Inn
LS has written to Bellhaven Group asking them to tidy up the area around the Burnside Inn.
All correspondence was read and actioned as required.
8. Tilhill forestation of Jerah Farm
Stuart Dean gave an overview of the proposed tree planting scheme, notice of which had been given to the Community Council via our website. An environmental impact assessment will require to be carried out. The Community Council have organised a meeting with Tilhill and other local interested parties on 17th November in the Dumyat Centre to learn more about the proposed scheme.
9. Community woodland
As part of the creation of the footpath we will be required to treat the Japanese Knotweed at the edge of the woodland in order to allow the work to go ahead. LS has agreed to do this.
ACTION - LS
10. Dumyat Centre
The outside of the Centre has now been painted and we await a decision on the name change taking place.
11. Menstrie Matters
Articles for the next edition require to be with Linda by the 21st November at the latest for circulation by the beginning of December.
12. Future Community Events
Discussion took place re. planting a real tree for future years but due to the timescale in sourcing one, we will just buy one again this year from our usual supplier. SP will order it. The tree will be erected in the Gardens on Saturday 8th December and volunteers from the community are asked to help do this.
ACTION - SP
The Carols round the Christmas Tree and Santa's visit will take place on 21st December followed by refreshments by courtesy of the Church in the church hall.
13. Any other business
There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.20.