» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Dec 2012 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 11th December 2012 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson (Chairperson)

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Members present

Linda Matheson
Callum Ford
Jim Gardiner
Sam Paton

Apologies:

Constable Chris Smith, Central Scotland Police
Christine Kidston
Beth Cook

In attendance:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Councillor Jim Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council
Carlyn Fraser, Clackmannshire Council
Lisanne Henderson, Headteacher, Menstrie Primary School

1. Appointments and resignations

None

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 13th November 2012

Approved: Linda Matheson
Seconded: Jim Gardiner

3. Matters arising from minutes

Covered by Agenda items

4. Parking problems at Menstrie Primary School

A discussion was held with the Headteacher and representative from Clackmannanshire Council regarding the parking problems outside the school.

Parents are parking on the double yellow lines on the corner. There is also a problem with the school bus getting round the corner at the Castle and there has been an incident recently with the bus and two cars. The Headteacher's main concern is that this could have been a child a not a car. Residents have complained when the bus parks at the Forthvale entrance to the park. A suitable parking place for the bus needs to be found.

Carlyn Fraser suggested that the bus could park at Hazel Avenue and the children walk to it. The general feeling was that it would not be a safe route to have the children walking down the side of the burn even though they would be supervised. Carlyn Fraser suggested that work could be carried out on routes to school and changing parents attitudes to the children walking to school.

The Headteacher and Carlyn Fraser will work together to try and solve the problem. At this point they both left the meeting.

5. Treasurer's report

Expenditure since the last meeting: £2,070.08
Income: £1,422.26
Balance on 8th November: £6,275.20

6. Community Police Officers' report

In the absence of both constables a written report from the Community Police was circulated to members.

7. Councillors' reports

Councillor Sharp handed out copies of his report to the members.

Flooding

Both Councillors expressed the view that they were not impressed with the report they got back from the Council regarding the flooding and Councillor Stalker agreed with Councillor Sharp that some trees need to be removed from the burn.

Councillor Stalker also intimated that his Surgery times were to change to be in Menstrie on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month from 18.00-18.45h. He gave his apologies for the January meeting.

8. Correspondence

All correspondence was read. CC reported that:

9. Community woodland

Les Sharp spoke with Robert Paterson regarding the woodland:

ACTION - LS

10. Dumyat Centre

In exchange for freeing up more storage space we have requested that the Council allocate us a free lock-up garage to store our equipment for the Gala/Fete and fundraising events.

ACTION - LS

11. Fete and Gala

Beth Cook gave an update from the Gala/Fete Sub-Committee. The next meeting is scheduled for 15th January.

12. Ochils Landscape Partnership

Work will commence soon and will hopefully be completed by the end of March. An oral history group will be set up with 3 or 4 people from the village about their school days in the village and LS will contact Tom Mack and Jock Macmillan.

ACTION - LS

At this point Councillor Stalker and Calum Ford left the meeting.

13. Future Community Events

Christmas Carols - 20th December

Set-up will be at 2.30p.m. and lighting will be provided by a generator.

14. Menstrie Matters

The print costs for the current issue were £780 and after discussion it was unanimously agreed that the cost of advertising would have to be increased to £10, £20, £40 and £80. It was also agreed that we would look for outside funding to help cover the costs involved.

15. Community Garden funding application

We have been awarded £10,000 from Clacks Council towards the creation of a Community Garden in the drying green area behind the Church. We have two quotations for fencing the area to make it secure and we await approval of these from Clacks Council before we can commence the work. CC will do another two small funding applications to cover the cost of other equipment for the garden.

16. Tilhill forestation froposal at Jerah Farm

An open meeting will be held on 18th December in the Dumyat Centre to outline the proposals.

17. Any other business

The Council's draft budget proposals are now on ClacksWeb and can be viewed online for consultation.

The proposals are at the following link: www.clacksweb.org.uk/council/budgetconsultation1314/ - ed.


There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.15.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy