» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Jan 2013 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 8th January 2013 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Members present

Linda Matheson
Christine Kidston
Beth Cook

Apologies:

Councillor Jim Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council
Jim Gardiner
Callum Ford

In attendance:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable David Armitage, Central Scotland Police
Gordon Griffiths, Clackmannshire Council

1. Appointments and resignations

Resignation received from Samantha Paton who is moving out of the village.

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 11th December 2012

Approved: Beth Cook
Seconded: Judy Collier

3. Matters arising from minutes

Letter of thanks to go to the Church for the Christmas Carol reception.

ACTION - CC

All other matters covered by agenda items.

4. Treasurer's report

Expenditure since the last meeting: £254.00
Income: £580.86
Balance on 17th December: £6,617.70

5. Community Police Officers' report

A report was circulated to all those present. There were 4 recorded crimes since the last report and, of these, 3 have been detected and one is being followed up.

6. Councillors' reports

Councillor Sharp handed out copies of his report to the members.

The Landscape Partnership are due to commence work on the viewing platform in the next two weeks. Sheena Stone will provide Linda with an update on the work due to take place.

ACTION - LS

CC will meet with a representative of the Burnfoot Windfarm project.

ACTION - CC

The bench has disappeared from beside Broomhall Lodge

7. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned.

8. Community woodland

There is a large tree which requires to be taken down in the woodland. It was agreed that we would get quotations for its removal.

ACTION - LS

9. Dumyat Centre

In exchange for freeing up more storage space we are still working with the Council to allocate us a free lock-up garage to store our equipment for the Gala, Fete and fundraising events.

ACTION - CC,LS

10. Fete and Gala

BC will liaise with Andrew regarding bookings etc. The next Gala meeting is on 18th January.

ACTION - BC

11. Future Community Events

The next Community event will be the Duck Race at Easter.

12. Community Garden funding applications

Two funding applications have been done by CC to Scotmid and the Community Chest. We await the outcome of these applications.

We are also still liaising with the Council regarding the lease of the land behind the Church.

13. Any other business

BC was invited by Primary 5 pupils to meet with them to discuss community matters. The feedback from the children was excellent and among the questions they asked were:


There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.05.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy