» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Feb 2013 



Welcome to Menstrie


Services, activities


History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...


You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results



Tuesday 12th February 2013 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room


In the chair

Stan Paterson


Caroline Crawford


Judy Collier

Members present

Linda Matheson
Calum Ford
Beth Cook


Constable Chris Smith, Central Scotland Police
Christine Kidston
Jim Gardiner
Councillor Jim Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council

In attendance:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council

1. Appointments and resignations

Samantha Paton tendered her resignation as she is no long resident in the village.

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 8th January 2013

Approved: Beth Cook
Seconded: Judy Collier

3. Matters arising from minutes

All matters covered by agenda items.

4. Treasurer's report

Balance stands at £7078.25 plus £67.60 Petty Cash.

5. Community Police Officers' report

A report was circulated in the constables' absence. One of the Priorities for February will be high visibility patrols during school start and finishing time where possible, after receiving complaints regarding parking issues at Menstrie Primary School.

6. Councillors' reports

Councillor Sharp handed out copies of his report to the members.

The coping stones at the Castle have again been dislodged and need to be cemented in.


7. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned.

8. Community woodland

There is a large tree which requires to be taken down in the woodland. It was agreed that we would get quotations for its removal.


A tidy-up day is planned for the woodland on Saturday 9th March from 10.00-14.00. Volunteers are welcome.

9. Dumyat Centre

The new sign for the Dumyat Community Centre has been put up.
John MacMillan is happy to provide old photographs of the village to the Hillfoots Landscape Partnership.

10. Fete and Gala

Concern was expressed and efforts will be made to contact Andrew Noon regarding these. A ceilidh band is needed for the Ceilidh. LS will contact Andrew Noon regarding last year's band.


Music in the Gardens: LM will make enquiries about the Lornshill Steel Band.


11. Duck Race

Details for this event will be discussed at the Gala/Fete meeting next Tuesday.

12. Menstrie Matters

The deadline for articles is 23rd February. LS passed on contact details to LM concerning printing.

13. Community Garden project

We have been awarded £10K from Clacks Council towards the creation of a Community Garden in the drying green area behind the Church but still await the Lease of the land which is being drawn up by Clacks Council.

It was agreed to accept the lower quotation for the fencing contact and CC will confirm this by letter. A letter will also go to the unsuccessful quotation.


Two more funding applications have been successful: One is for £350 from Scotmid for compost and tools; and one for CCTV camera and security lighting from the Sterling Community Chest.

An extension has been granted by Clacks Council until the 15th May to complete the project.

14. Constitution

Copies of our new Constitution were circulated to members. Two original copies were signed by the Chairperson and will now be sent to Clacks Council for counter-signing. One will be returned to us and the other retained by the Council.


15. Ochils Landscape Partnership

Tenders have been put out by the Ochils Landscape Partnership, (OLP) for the viewing platform at the foot of Menstrie Glen. This will be a wooden structure. This work should start in the near future.

The OLP will be hosting an all day event in the Dumyat Centre on Saturday 15th June.

16. Any other business

The picture for the Community Meeting Room still needs to be hung on the wall.


There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.05.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy