» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Mar 2013 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 12th March 2013 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Members present

Linda Matheson
Jim Gardiner
Christine Kidston
Calum Ford
Beth Cook

Apologies:

Constable Chris Smith, Central Scotland Police
Constable David Armitage, Central Scotland Police
Caroline Crawford

In attendance:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Councillor Jim Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council
Julie Barr, Clackmannanshire Council
Laura Powell, The Charrier Residents Association
Gordon Griffiths

1. Appointments and resignations

None.

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 12th February 2013

Approved: Linda Matheson
Seconded: Beth Cook

3. Matters arising from minutes

LS will approach the Steel Band for the Music in the Park.

ACTION - LS

SP will approach Mr. Macmillan re. photographs and information.

ACTION - SP

4. Dumyat Community Centre

Julie Barr explained that the new opening hours in the Centre are due to financial constraints and lack of footfall through the doors. She said that long term lets will be honoured.

BC asked if the Bingo Tea lets would be honoured as we don't have a booking every month. JB said she was sure this would be honoured.
LM asked about Saturday morning openings. JB said that numbers were low on a Saturday but openings could be negotiated and she will look into this.

JB explained that the extended opening hours were for a trial period and this had now come to an end. The numbers did not warrant these extended opening hours. It is proposed that the new opening hours will commence in May. CF said he was still concerned about stopping the Saturday opening as the main losers would be children and more houses were due to be built in the village.

5. Treasurer's report

Balance stands at £7078.25

6. Community Police Officers' report

In the absence of the Constables a written report was submitted and distributed to members.

7. Councillors' reports

Councillor Stalker spoke about a meeting held in Tullibody on the budget restraints and the new Police Force.

Both Councillors had received a letter from Alison Muirhead, Menstrie Mains Farm regarding a piece in Menstrie Matters about a path on her land. She had refused permission to Betts when the houses were built and had not been consulted about the path again.

Councillor Sharp said the flagpoles in the gardens had been damaged and the finial broken. They will require to be repaired before the new flags can be put up.

A resident expressed concern about the willow trees by the burn blocking the drains and light into her house: LS will look into this.

ACTION - LS

LS informed us of the possibility of the NHS bus being withdrawn from the Hillfoots towns.
LM said that this is still under review and no decision has been made.

8. Correspondence

9. Community woodland

The dangerous tree in the woodland will require to be felled.
The quote for this work is £550 + VAT and it was agreed that this work should be done as soon as possible.

10. Fete and Gala

The next meeting will take place on 19th March.

11. Menstrie Matters

LM gave a report on the Menstrie Matters and the cost of the printing to be done by Falkirk Council.

12. Community Garden project

We still await the lease from the Council but we have authority for the work to commence. The fencing is due to start on the 2nd April.

The Menstrie Charitable Trust have given us a grant of £500 for seating for the garden.

13. Ochils Landscape Partnership

Work on the viewing platform will commence in the near future.

14. Any other business

Gordon Griffiths informed us of his intention to alter the garage area of his property to a hairdresser and coffee shop.

Laura Powell of the Charrier Residents Association expressed an interest in joining the Community Council. It was explained that she could come along but under the new rules could not be co-opted onto the Council.

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.10.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy