» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Apr 2013 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 9th April 2013 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Vice-Chairperson

Jim Gardiner

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Members present

Christine Kidston

Apologies:

Linda Matheson
Beth Cook
Calum Ford
Constable Chris Smith, Central Scotland Police
Constable David Armitage, Central Scotland Police

In attendance:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Jon Searle
Constable Simon Brown, Community Resource Team
Gordon Griffiths

1. Appointments and resignations

None.

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 12th March 2013

Approved: Christine Kidston
Seconded: Beth Cook

3. Matters arising from minutes

JC asked if the Council could be asked if they were going to clean up the piles of tar/ground at the old station. This was removed when the new pavement was created.

ACTION - LS

4. Community Police Officers' report

A written report was circulated and PC Brown explained that David and Chris still have an overview of Menstrie and Alva but the Police are now one big team. They will be directed by Sgt. Scott Thompson and Sgt. Kevin Chase and any issue we have can be directed through them either by telephone or email.

In the last month there has been one recorded offence and one road traffic offence. Regarding youth disorder there have only been two calls since March over youths causing annoyance. These were both minor and have been dealt with.

Regarding the speed of traffic through the village, Jon Searle asked if there could be a 20mph limit imposed as the new Manor Kingdom housing estate has a 20mph limit. Discussion took place over the limits imposed in Muckhart and it was explained that this had only been a trial and was likely to be reinstated to 30mph by the Council. LS agreed to take the question to the Council on our behalf.

ACTION - LS

Jon Searle agreed to provide an article for the Menstrie Matters on the subject.

ACTION - JS

PC Brown then left the meeting.

5. Treasurer's report

As of today, the balance stands at £15,352.42.

Since the Royal Bank in Alva is scheduled to close, JC will ask the Unity Trust Bank where we will be able to bank our money.

ACTION - JC

7. Councillors' reports

Councillor Sharp circulated a written report to the members present.

The following points were raised which Councillor Sharp will take forward:

ACTION - CC

It was noted that the Ochils Landscape Partnership (OLP) will be having an awareness Fun Day in the Dumyat Park in Menstrie on Saturday 15th June and are looking for assistance on the day from 10.00a.m. onwards. They will do an article for the next issue of Menstrie Matters.

7. Correspondence

The correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

8. Community woodland

A woodland clean-up day has been organised for 27th April and volunteers are required from the local community.

9. Dumyat Centre

Julie Barr explained that the new opening hours in the Centre are due to financial constraints and lack of footfall through the doors. She said that long term lets will be honoured.

The bollards have still not been erected at the roadside leading from the main path into the building. LS will make enquiries.

ACTION - LS

It has been agreed with the Council that the Trophy Display Cabinet can be put into the Library area.

10. Fete and Gala

Meetings are held on the week following the Community Council meeting and arrangements are well in hand. Andrew has passed all the information and Les will do the applications now for the lets and licences. Andrew has agreed to apply for the Bar licence.

11. Menstrie Matters

The next issue will be distributed by the end of May and will include a programme for the Fete and Gala. Contributions need to be with Linda.

12. Community Garden project

We still await the lease from the Council but we have authority for the work to commence and theFencing is due to start on the 2nd April. Until the fencing is complete we cannot do anything else until the area is secure.

It is disappointing that Clacks Council has taken so long to draw up the lease since it was first asked for on the 8th October 2012. Until we get the lease and it is signedwe cannot get our grant money. CC will follow it up with the Council.

ACTION - LS

13. Any other business

There being no further business the meeting closed at 20.55.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy