» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, May 2013 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Members present

Christine Kidston
Calum Ford
Beth Cook

Apologies:

Linda Matheson

In attendance:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Councillor Jim Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Ian Moffat, Central Scotland Police

1. Appointments and resignations

None.

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 9th April 2013

Approved: Christine Kidston
Seconded: Stan Paterson

3. Matters arising from minutes

LS confirmed that the Council have been informed about the tar in the area of the old railway platform which was dumped there during the construction of the new pavement/cycleway.

4. Treasurer's report

As of today, the balance stands at £15,457.32.

LS will try and attend CTSI (Clackmannanshire Third Sector Interface) when a member of the Unity Trust Bank will be in attendance.

5. Community Police report

Community Police Officer Ian Moffat attended and circulated a written report to members.

The telephone number that the public should now use to log incidents is 101.

LS has put in an application to the Police for the parade for the Gala day and the parade.

6. Councillors' reports

Councillor Stalker circulated a written report and highlighted the new welfare reform.

Councillor Sharp also circulated a written report:

7. Correspondence

The correspondence was read and actioned where necessary.

8. Community woodland

A woodland clean-up took place two weeks ago.

It has been reported to us that there is some Japanese Knotweed in the woodland behind the houses. LS will investigate and spray if necessary.

ACTION - LS

9. Fete and Gala

The sub-committee continues to meeting on the Tuesday following the Community Council meeting and arrangements are well in hand for the Fete and Gala.

10. Menstrie Matters

The programme for the Fete/Gala will be produced and distributed before the event. The Menstrie Matters will be produced towards the end of June.

ACTION - LM

11. Community Garden project

The Lease for the Community Garden has now been signed and work is now under way.

Diageo have sponsored a seat for the garden.

12. Planning Application - Bett Housing

A written response will be made with regard to the application for the construction of 84 new houses between Middleton Kerse and Manor Kingdom area.

ACTION - CC

13. Any other business

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.00.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy