MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday 10th September 2013 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room
In the chair
Constable Chris Smith, Central Scotland Police
Constable David Armitage, Central Scotland Police
Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
1. Appointments and resignations
2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 14th May 2013
Approved: Jim Gardiner
Seconded: Christine Kidston
3. Matters arising from minutes
LS reported that the Japanese Knotweed has been sprayed.
4. Community Police report
In the absence of the constables a written report was circulated.
Since the beginning of August there have been 10 recorded crimes of which 2 were road traffic offences.
Five crimes were detected and three remain undetected relating to a theft and vandalism.
5. Treasurer's report
The balance stands at £12,465 which includes £7,000 ring-fenced money. The financial records are currently with the auditor.
6. Councillors' reports
Councillor Sharp circulated a written report to the members present:
- Following comments on the original consultation, the one-way system around Menstrie Place and Primary School will be re-surveyed with a reversed scheme being the favoured option.
- The flats around Menstrie Place will be undergoing bathroom replacements. One flat will have central heating installed (due to a previous tenant not wishing it to be installed).
- The new viewing platform has been installed at the Old Bridge and trees have been cut and shrubbery cleared to give a better view up the Glen. A wildflower meadow to the rear of the grassed area will be created shortly.
- Roads Department will look at the top and middle of Park Road South after some comments about cars driving all the way down. This will be rectified either by a bollard or a 'No Through Road' sign. The yellow no parking signs at the entrance to Brook Street have also been re-painted.
- The footpath from the village to Glenochil Nursery has been improved with a whin dust base laid.
Citizens Space Consultation page has been created on Clacksweb.
[The Citizens Space Consultation page is provided to help residents find, and participate in, consultations that interest them - ed.]
The correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.
8. Community woodland
It was agreed that another clean-up of the woodland would be left until after the leaf fall, and a date would be set at the next meeting.
9. Dumyat Centre
LS has made a request that the disabled parking space be redefined as it is being used for general parking.
10. Fete and Gala
A Fete & Gala meeting will be held on the 17th September when a discussion will be made as to the way forward.
11. Menstrie Matters
The next issue will be circulated after Linda's return from holiday.
12. Community Garden project
A meeting on site will take place on Thursday with a representative of the CPO's
with a view to agreeing a date for erection of the polytunnel etc. More
volunteers are needed. LS intimated that Glenochil Prison Service will have
plug-plants for sale by next year. Beth may be able to provide two half-barrels
for the two apple trees which has been gifted to the garden.
13. Any other business
Discussion took place on the availability of the hospital bus, which will now run until at least the end of March 2014.
Dog fouling remains a problem on the cycleway.
An incidence of rubbish tipping was reported to the Community Council which Councillor Sharp will take up with the relevant department.
14. Date and Time of Next Meeting
This will be the AGM which will take place on Tuesday 8th October 2013, followed by the normal Monthly Meeting.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.00.