» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Oct 2013 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 8th October 2013 at 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Vice-chair

Jim Gardiner

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Members present

Christine Kidston
Beth Cook
Linda Matheson

Apologies:

Constable Chris Smith, Central Scotland Police
Constable David Armitage, Central Scotland Police

In attendance:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Councillor Jim Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Louise Harding, Central Scotland Police
Gordon Griffiths
Jim Campbell

1. Appointments and resignations

None

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 10th September 2013

Approved: Stan Paterson
Seconded: Jim Gardiner

3. Matters arising from minutes

None. All Agenda items.

4. Treasurer's report

The balance stands at £12,465.14.
The decision was unanimously taken to change our banking facility from the Unity Trust Bank to the Bank of Scotland. It was also agreed at the AGM that there would be a change of Auditor for next year's accounts and the accounting year would end on 31st July so that transactions for the Fete/Gala could be included.

5. Community Police report

PC Louise Harding introduced herself to the members and made an oral report.

Over the last month there have been 5 crimes reported, three of which have been detected; and two, still undetected, which were thefts from motor vehicles. There have been road traffic offences between Menstrie and Alva but they were minor.

There have been plain clothes foot patrols in the community at the weekends. There have also been patrols in the area with regard to dog fouling and litter.

PC Harding emphasised the importance of reporting any incidents or concerns to the police so that they can investigate.

6. Councillors' reports

Councillors Sharp and Stalker circulated written reports to the members present, containing the following points.

The problem of not being able to co-opt additional full members of the Community Council was discussed and LS agreed to speak to Lesley Baillie regarding this matter. LS also will forward details of the website which contains relevant information.

ACTION - LS

7. Correspondence

The correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

8. Community Woodland

It is hoped to have a woodland clean-up day on the 27th October and volunteers are required from the local community. This will be weather dependent. LS intimated that there was an opportunity of funding up to £1,500 from Paths for All for equipment.

9. Community Garden

After discussion it was agreed that CC would submit an application to the Council Environmental Fund for funding for Stage 2 of the project. This would be for gravel, slabs and additional compost and sleepers.

ACTION - CC

10. Fete and Gala

Members of the Gala Sub-Committee continue to meet on the third Tuesday of the month in the Dumyat Centre and arrangements are well in hand. New members are welcome to come along.

11. Menstrie Matters

Linda made a proposal that the Christmas Issue of Menstrie Matters have four pages of colour in it. This was agreed as a one-off to see what the feedback was from members of the community. More input is needed from local people for inclusion in the Newsletter.

12. Remembrance Sunday

SP will represent the Community Council on Remembrance Sunday and a wreath has already been purchased.

13. Any other business

SP will organise the purchase and uplift of the Christmas Tree.

ACTION - SP

After the success of having the Carol Singing in the Church Hall it was agreed that we would liaise with the Church to repeat the same format this year.

ACTION - JG

The glass cabinet for the Gala Trophies is now in the Dumyat Centre and needs to be made upand put in place.

Funding for the cleaning of the War Memorial will be sought.

14. Date and time of next meeting

This will take place at 7.00 pm on Tuesday 12th November 2013.

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.20.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy