» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Jan 2014 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 14th January 2014, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Vice-chair

Jim Gardiner

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Members present

Beth Cook
Linda Matheson
Christine Kidston
Callum Ford

Apologies:

Caroline Crawford

In attendance:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Councillor Jim Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Roy Mitchell, Central Scotland Police

1. Appointments and resignations

None

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 10th December 2013

Approved: Linda Matheson
Seconded: Beth Cook

3. Matters arising from minutes

Linda asked what was happening with the cleaning of the War Memorial.

4. Treasurer's report

The Treasurer gave details of our finances.
It was agreed that £300 be transferred to the General Account to the Community Woodland account.

5. Community Police report

PC Mitchell outlined what had happened locally since our last meeting.

He said the Police were having a push on drugs, and the PACT* priorities for this month will be concentrated on growers and dealers. Any information from the public would be appreciated and will be confidential.

LM asked about the legality of using barbed wire to deter vandals jumping into the Community Garden.

PC Mitchell confirmed it was okay to use on top of the garages but suggested the use of anti-vandal paint would be better than barbed wire and he gave examples of how it could be used.

* Police and Communities Together - ed.

6. Councillors' reports

LS informed us that Bett Housing have withdrawn their application for the proposed new houses and a discussion took place why they have withdrawn.

LS was asked when the change of traffic might take place in Menstrie Place and School and he said probably March or April this year.

The OLP intend to have another Festival Day on the 21st of June in Menstrie Park.

JS spoke about his concerns the proposed budget would have on education, especially the loss of teaching assistants.

He apologised for missing the deadline for the last Menstrie Matters but would submit an article for the next one.

ACTION - JS

There was also a discussion about the next intake at Menstrie Primary School which is expected to be around fifty pupils. JC said she had grave concerns about this and the impact on the children and the school.

7. Correspondence

The correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

8. Community Woodland

Nothing to report.

9. Community Garden

JG informed us that Glenochil have offered to make us benches for the polytunnel free of charge. The troughs need to be put in place on the bridge. Plants may be available from Cornton Vale if required.

10. Menstrie Matters

Next issue is February and 31st January is the deadline for submissions. It will include the Duck Race on the 20th April and will be in the same format as the Christmas issue.

11. Christmas Tree

SP said that when they went to collect the tree it was overhanging the trailer and they had to ask for assistance to take it off. SP, JG, LS and CF all said it was very hard work to erect it and put the lights on it. Can we physically do it next year? This needs to be discussed at a future meeting.

LM will make a selection of carols for next year's concert.

ACTION - LM

12. Any other business

It was thought that the cycle path was beginning to need attention.

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.05.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy