» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Sep 2014 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 9th September 2014, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Members present

Beth Cook
Jim Gardiner
Callum Ford

Apologies:

Linda Matheson
Christine Kidston

In attendance:

Constable McPherson, Central Scotland Police
Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Councillor Jim Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council
Marion Munro

1. Appointments and resignations

None

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 13th May 2014

Approved: Beth Cook
Seconded: Callum Ford

3. Matters arising from minutes

Many people have commented on the wild flowers which we planted at the west end of the village. It is hoped that this area will be extended next year. Community Payback Team are willing to assist in clearing the ground up to the Church but we need to cut back the existing growth at the end of flowering and sow the new seed in October.

4. Treasurer's report

The accounts are currently being audited in preparation for the AGM. A proposal was discussed as to the possibility of moving our AGM until November and our year-end to the end of September. Enquiries will be made of Clackmannanshire Council whether this would be possible.

ACTION - CC

Concern was raised about the current costs of producing the newsletter and a suggestion was made whether we should ask advertisers to pay for a year in advance. If no payment is made for any advert then it would not appear in that issue of the newsletter. Also discussed was whether we required as much colour and by reducing the amount of colour would it reduce the costs as the newsletter must pay for itself. This will be discussed further on Linda's return.

Although there were costs involved with the Music in the Gardens the Duck Race subsidised this event.

These matters will be discussed further when we have our Audited Accounts and we know what our true balances are in the bank.

5. Community Police report

A questionnaire was distributed by PC McPherson for members to fill in.

There have been four incidents of vandalism in the past month, with a total of eleven crimes reported in total, four of which have been detected.

The members expressed concern that when incidents of vandalism are reported, response times from the police are very slow. PC McPherson explained that although they are Community Police they can be called upon to attend other more urgent incidences in the County. However the Community Wardens will still do patrols and they can often be more effective are they are not in uniform.

6. Councillors' reports

Both Councillors gave a report to members.

Councillor Sharp reported:

The one-way traffic system by the School has been delayed awaiting a decision from the Dept. of Transport to see if they will relax the legislation regarding signage and lighting in the area. If this fails it will be too costly for the Council to implement the proposed change to the traffic flow. The Council currently have a funding application in to Sustrans to upgrade the pathway from Hazel Avenue to the School as part of the "Safer routes to school" project.

The OLP display signs have been replaced by the suppliers after a problem occurred with the lamination.

Following complaints about Japanese Knotweed at the start of the woodland, the Council have agreed to spray the area as part of their on-going programme.

The speed of cyclists on the cycleway will be highlighted with the Access Officer to see what action can be taken.

ACTION - LS

BC highlighted the path between the humpback bridge and Diageo and the need for the vegetation to be cut back.

ACTION - LS

Enquiries will be made about a Safe Journey Card - a Thistle Card - which can be used on the buses.

ACTION - LS

Councillor Stalker reported:

He accompanied the Chair on a walkabout in the village with Alex Frith, a member of the Council's Housing Team. Several areas were highlighted as requiring attention and feedback is awaited.

Many of the areas covered by Councillor Sharp's report were also mentioned in his report.

All the Councillors have now moved from Greenfield House into Kilncraigs and a lot of the Council's time will be taken up with the budget plans for next year.

7. Menstrie Matters

In the absence of Linda there was nothing to report but this item had previously been discussed under the Treasurer's Report.

8. Correspondence

The correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

9. Community Woodland

It was agreed that the woodland is looking a bit untidy and in need of a clean-up, possibly at the end of October or once the leaves have come off the trees.

10. Community Garden

The slabs should be laid shortly by a contractor and arrangements will be made with the Community Payback Team to remove the debris. Stan Paterson was thanked for watering the garden and polytunnel over the summer months. Thanks were also noted for Bob Stark for his watering of the troughs and baskets over the summer. Once the slabs have been laid the garden will be complete and we will organise an Open Afternoon for local people to come along and see the garden and hopefully offer their assistance for next year. Council officers will come and inspect the garden after which we will received the balance of our funding.

11. School Community Sports Project

In the absence of Moira Wiseman there was no update except to say that an application for funding has been applied for and we will await the feedback.

12. Any other business

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.10.
Date and time of next meeting: Tuesday 14th October.
This will be the AGM and will be followed by the General Meeting.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy