» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Nov 2014 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 11th November 2014, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Vice-chair

Jim Gardiner

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Members present

Beth Cook
Linda Matheson
Christine Kidson
Callum Ford

Apologies:


Councillor Jim Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council

In attendance:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Roy Mitchell, Central Scotland Police

1. Appointments and resignations

None

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 14th October 2014

Approved: Beth Cook
Seconded: Christine Kidston

3. Matters arising from minutes

Robert Cook will check out the tree in the garden in Alva to see if it is a suitable size for the Christmas Tree for the village.

4. Treasurer's report

Application has been made to change our banking to the Bank of Scotland. We await confirmation of this but in the meantime we do not have a working cheque book.

5. Community Police report

PC Mitchell gave a verbal report and a request was made for this to be emailed to the Community Council so that we can publish it on our website.

PC Mitchell informed us that his role has changed and he has now been transferred to Alloa. Sgt.Caden will now allocate officers for the future meetings.

PC Mitchell then left the meeting.

6. Councillors' reports

Councillor Sharp reported:

7. Menstrie Matters

There were problems with the printing of the latest edition but it will still be ready for delivery by the end of November.

8. Correspondence

The correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

9. Community Woodland

It was agreed that we need to wait until the leaves are dry before attempting to clear the path. The wild flower meadow needs to be cut back before the winter.

ACTION - CF

10. Community Garden

The big tree in the corner of the garden needs to be removed. JG has contacted an electrician to have the CCTV camera installed and awaits a quotation.

11. School Community Sports Project

The big grant application has not been successful but a further application will be made for a scaled back project in the meantime.

12. Gala and Fete update

Meeting due to take place next week.

13. Christmas tree and carol singing

The Mothers and Toddlers have asked to borrow our Santa suit which was agreed. The Christmas tree was agreed again to be purchased if the Alva one is not suitable; SP and JG will arrange the collection and delivery. Linda is going to make up new sheets for the Carol Singing as well as approx. 80 presents.

14. EDF Representative

Another representative is required for the panel and CF agreed to consider making an application which will require to be submitted by 9th December.

15. Any other business

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.20.
Date and time of next meeting: Tuesday 9th December.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy