MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday 11th November 2014, Dumyat Centre Community Room
In the chair
Councillor Jim Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council
Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Roy Mitchell, Central Scotland Police
1. Appointments and resignations
2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 14th October 2014
Approved: Beth Cook
Seconded: Christine Kidston
3. Matters arising from minutes
Robert Cook will check out the tree in the garden in Alva to see if it is a suitable size for the Christmas Tree for the village.
4. Treasurer's report
- Current balance - £7537.79
Application has been made to change our banking to the Bank of Scotland. We await confirmation of this but in the meantime we do not have a working cheque book.
5. Community Police report
PC Mitchell gave a verbal report and a request was made for this to be emailed to the Community Council so that we can publish it on our website.
PC Mitchell informed us that his role has changed and he has now been transferred to Alloa. Sgt.Caden will now allocate officers for the future meetings.
- Since the last meeting five crimes have been reported in the Menstrie area.
- Four out of the five were road traffic offences and not particularly from Menstrie residents.
- The only other crime was a stone thrown at a window which remains undetected.
- Drink driving levels will be reduced before Christmas and any drink can possibly take people over the new drink driving limit.
- The offender parking on the double yellow lines near the Tasty Bite has been spoken to and action will be taken if they have to be warned again.
- Tickets are available from the Police for the OAP Christmas Party in Alloa Town Hall.
PC Mitchell then left the meeting.
6. Councillors' reports
Councillor Sharp reported:
- Funding is now in place for the Alva Glen Hotel to be replaced by social housing and is now in private ownership.
- Planning Permission for the Burnside Inn has now been withdrawn.
- An application has again been made to Sustrans for a safer route to school.
- There is no current waiting list for lock-up garages in Menstrie.
- It was brought up that the seat in the gardens is in the wrong place and needs to be re-sited nearer the bus stop.
- The former Glenochil Nursery site is under review for development.
7. Menstrie Matters
There were problems with the printing of the latest edition but it will still be ready for delivery by the end of November.
The correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.
9. Community Woodland
It was agreed that we need to wait until the leaves are dry before attempting to clear the path. The wild flower meadow needs to be cut back before the winter.
ACTION - CF
10. Community Garden
The big tree in the corner of the garden needs to be removed. JG has contacted an electrician to have the CCTV camera installed and awaits a quotation.
11. School Community Sports Project
The big grant application has not been successful but a further application will be made for a scaled back project in the meantime.
12. Gala and Fete update
Meeting due to take place next week.
13. Christmas tree and carol singing
The Mothers and Toddlers have asked to borrow our Santa suit which was agreed. The Christmas tree was agreed again to be purchased if the Alva one is not suitable; SP and JG will arrange the collection and delivery. Linda is going to make up new sheets for the Carol Singing as well as approx. 80 presents.
14. EDF Representative
Another representative is required for the panel and CF agreed to consider making an application which will require to be submitted by 9th December.
15. Any other business
There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.20.
Date and time of next meeting: Tuesday 9th December.