» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Jan 2015 



Welcome to Menstrie


Services, activities


History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...


You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results



Tuesday 13th January 2015, Dumyat Centre Community Room


In the chair

Stan Paterson


Jim Gardiner


Caroline Crawford


Judy Collier

Members present

Linda Matheson
Christine Kidson
Beth Cook



In attendance:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Councillor Jim Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Leigh Allen, Central Scotland Police
Abaid Rehman

1. Appointments and resignations


2. Approval of minutes of meetings of 11th November 2014 and 9th December 2014

11th November:
Approved: Beth Cook
Seconded: Jim Gardiner

9th December:
Approved: Judy Collier
Seconded: Linda Matheson

3. Matters arising from minutes

All were agenda items.

4. Treasurer's report

Bank of Scotland account is complete but we await the final statement from the Unity Trust Bank and the transfer of the balance by them to the Bank of Scotland. Final statement also awaited.

5. Community Police report

There has been not a lot to report apart from the one major incident of an armed robbery at the Menstrie Filling Station. There is an ongoing investigation into this incident by the CID.

The crime rate for Menstrie as a whole was very low compared to the rest of the County with no vandalism recorded. This was the third month in a row that there has been no vandalism - not recorded as a crime unless there is monetary loss.

Road traffic incidents continue to be monitored as well as the new drink/drive laws.

It was requested that the written police report be sent to our webmaster for publication on our website.

PC Allen then left the meeting.

6. Councillors' reports

Councillor Sharp said that work is concentrating on the budget for 2015/16. The officers' recommendations are currently on Clacksweb for public consultation.

Councillor Stalker said that every service is having to make cuts and his main concern was for the education budget amongst other items.

The Community Council requested that the speed limit sign at the bottom of the Tullibody Brae be looked at as it has been out of commission for several weeks.


Also requested was a salt bin for Forthvale.

Both Councillors were asked to send their written reports to our webmaster for publication on our website.

At this point both Councillors left the meeting.

7. Menstrie Matters

Two advertisers have cancelled their adverts but there are three new advertisers for this issue.

Items for the February issue should be with Linda by the end of January for printing in February.

CC will request an article from EDF for insertion in this issue.


8. Correspondence

The correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

CC to contact Ian Green re. balance of Baton Relay money.


The collection from the Carol Singing was donated to the GATE project.

9. Community Woodland

Nothing to report.

10. Community Garden

The two CCTV cameras, security lights and solar security lights have now all been installed. The key holder for monitoring the cameras will be JG.

LM will make some laminated signs for erection on the garden fencing.

JG will do an article for Menstrie Matters re. volunteers and a schedule for when things need to be planted up.


11. School Community Sports Project

In the absence of Callum Ford there was nothing to report.

12. Gala and Fete update

SP gave a short update on progress so far.

CC will apply for a grant from the Council and Kerry.


13. Any other business

There being no further business the meeting closed at 20.40.
Date and time of next meeting: 10th February 2015.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy