» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Feb 2015 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 10th February 2015, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Vice-chair

Jim Gardiner

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Members present

Linda Matheson
Christine Kidson
Beth Cook

Apologies:

Councillor Jim Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council

In attendance:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Brentt Chambers, Central Scotland Police
Kelly Hunter

1. Appointments and resignations

None

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 13th January

Approved: Beth Cook
Seconded: Christine Kidston

3. Matters arising from minutes

All were agenda items.

4. Treasurer's report

5. Community Police report

PC Chambers circulated a written report to all members.

Once again there was very little to report. There were no recorded incidents of anti-social behaviour in the area since the last meeting but there was one recorded incident of vandalism and one undetected theft. A person has now been charged in relation to the robbery at the Filling Station. There was one detected road traffic offence; a relevant ticketwas issued.

All members were reminded about the new lower limit for alcohol and the consequences the following morning.

PC Chambers then left the meeting.

6. Councillors' reports

Councillor Sharp circulated a written report.

The main focus currently is the setting of the Council's Budget. It is possible that the the OLP will undertake additional work on the woodland path and clearing of shrubs etc to the north of the Road Bridge. Work will also be undertaken on crown topping some trees to open up the view up the glen.

The Community Council requested again that the speed limit sign at the bottom of Tullibody Brae be looked at as it has been out of commission for several weeks.

ACTION - LS

In the absence of Councillor Stalker there was no report from him.

7. Menstrie Matters

The copy is ready to go to the printers. There was an issue with the printing of the last issue so this issue is being done by Stirling University. Two advertisers have withdrawn but three new ones have replaced them.

LM asked if a noticeboard could be put up in the Manor Kingdom area but after discussion it was agreed that this would not happen as the ground it would have to be erected on belonged to Greenbelt and might impede the grass cutting.

8. Correspondence

The correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

Caroline and Beth will attend a training day at Kilncraigs on Risk Assessment.

9. Community Woodland

Some work on the path may be undertaken by the OLP.

There are some trees that require limbing and at least two that need to be removed for safety. Estimates will be obtained for professional removal of the trees.

10. Community Garden

JG has not yet been able to get in touch with somebody to come along and connect up the CCTV cameras.

The Church have requested urgently that the recorder be boxed in as it is in a vulnerable place to get damaged. LM is making laminated notices to say that CCTV is in operation.

It was agreed that although we would plant some seeds it would be better to buy some larger plug plants as well. We require new baskets for the hanging basket trees in the garden at Midtown and these will be sourced and purchased.

11. School Community Sports Project

The construction of the running track has commenced and we await the result of the funding application for the MUGA. [Multi Use Games Area - ed.].

12. Gala and Fete update

A grant of £150 was received from Kerry and this was acknowledged.

Investigation is still going on about the climbing wall, entertainment, interactive lego, etc. CC and JG will meet the representative of Lego to discuss costs and feasibility.

ACTION - CC, JG

LM has booked a small interactive animal display.

SP will apply for all the licences.

ACTION - SP

13. Any other business

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.20.
Date of next meeting: Tuesday 14th March 2015.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy