» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Mar 2015 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 10th March 2015, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Vice-chair

Jim Gardiner

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Members present

Linda Matheson
Beth Cook

Apologies:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Christine Kidson

In attendance:

Councillor Jim Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Lauren MacPherson, Central Scotland Police
Kelly Hunter

1. Appointments and resignations

None

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 10th February

Approved: Beth Cook
Seconded: Linda Matheson

3. Matters arising from minutes

All were agenda items.

4. Treasurer's report

5. Community Police report

PC Chambers had prepared a written report.
There were six crimes since the last report, 3 of which were detected and 3 undetected. All of the undetected crimes were incidents of vandalism. The Community Warden team is now based at Kilncraigs.

Further discussion was had with PC MacPherson over general policing matters.

PC MacPherson then left the meeting.

6. Councillors' reports

Councillor Stalker gave an update of Council matters including the recent budget decisions.

The Community Council requested again that the speed limit sign at the bottom of the Tullibody Brae be looked at as it has been out of commission for several weeks.

ACTION - JS

The flytipping at the bottom of the Tullibody Brae by the bus stop should also be removed.

ACTION - JS

JS agreed to submit Councillor enquiries for both of these items.

In the absence of Councillor Sharp there was no report from him.

7. Menstrie Matters

The most recent issue is now been published and distributed. Unfortunately there was a delay at the printers but the final price was £650.

The next issue will be the Fete/Gala issue which will be in the last week of May and will have to be at the printers by 14th May.

8. Correspondence

The correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

CC will attend the Shale Gas Extraction Briefing at Grangemouth on 19th March.

9. Community Woodland

Linda reported that she had an enquiry from a group wishing to be involved in a community event in Menstrie that would be helpful to the community. This is due to take place on the 30th May and it was suggested that perhaps a litter pick on the cycleway would be appropriate.

LM will purchase some litter pickers and liaise with the group.

ACTION - LM

10. Community Garden

The CCTV cameras are now in operation along with the security lighting. SP will open and close the garden during daylight hours over the spring/summer period. CC will source and purchase new baskets for the basket trees in the gardens. CC will contact Andy about the refilling of the old baskets which hopefully will be hung in the community garden.

11. School Community Sports Project

No report.

12. Duck Race

Arrangements are well in hand for this event. Linda has the ducks and will purchase the prizes and additional eggs. There will also be a prize for the best decorated egg.

13. Any other business

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.00.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy