» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, May 2015 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 12th May 2015, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Vice-chair

Jim Gardiner

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Members present

Christine Kidston
Linda Matheson
Beth Cook

Apologies:

Judy Collier
Callum Ford

In attendance:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Roderick MacKenzie, Central Scotland Police

1. Appointments and resignations

None

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 10th March 2015

Approved: Linda Matheson
Seconded: Jim Gardiner

3. Matters arising from minutes

All were agenda items.

4. Treasurer's report

In her absence the Treasurer submitted a written report:

5. Community Police report

PC MacKenzie introduced himself to the members as being one of the Community Policemen for the Menstrie and Tullibody area. Community Wards have now been set up and dedicated officers have been appointed for each area.

Since the last meeting there have been 2 undetected crimes and 2 detected crimes, with no recorded crimes for anti-social behaviour and vandalism. The two undetected crimes were the theft of solar lights from a garden and two children's pedal cycles from a garden area. Residents should remember to ensure nothing is left lying out unattended but should be in a secure place to avoid the items being stolen by opportunists.

There were 2 detected road traffic offences: 1 for defective vehicle parts and the other for a speeding violation. The relevant tickets were issued.

The Community Constables have been working in with the Menstrie and Alva schools and, as a result, 7 local youths have been charged with over 10 offences and enquiries are still ongoing.

The level of crime in the Menstrie community area is relatively low, and Menstrie remains a safe place to live. There was a marked reduction in the reported incidents from the previous month but residents are encouraged to contact the Police on telephone number 101 to report any incidents. The information will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and will assist in making the community and roads a safer place.

P.C. MacKenzie then left the meeting.

6. Councillors' reports

Councillor Sharp circulated a written report to the members.

The one-way traffic system around the Castle area is now in operation and seems to be working well. There will be a 4 to 5 week amnesty for misuse, after installation, becoming an offence after which enforcement action can be taken.

Tree work has been carried out by the OLP to the south of the A91 bridge to allow more open vision down the burn.
Work should commence shortly on the footpath in the woodlands to extend it to Red Carr and allow a safe walking route to Blairlogie.

The manual street sweeper has been replaced by a mechanical sweeper. However, should there be any areas for concern, residents should contact the Council's Environmental Services on 01259 752548.

We are having difficulty finding out who owns the War Memorial so that we can progress our funding application to have it cleaned. Councillor Sharp will check whether it is the Council who own it.

ACTION - LS

The speed limit sign at the bottom of the Tullibody Brae is still not working.

ACTION - LS

In the absence of Councillor Stalker there was no report from him.

7. Menstrie Matters

The Summer issue is going to print this week and will include information about the Fete Week and the Gala.

8. Correspondence

The correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

9. Community Woodland

An Alloa church has volunteered to help clear the Cycleway of litter and this will take place on Saturday 30th May. Local volunteers will concentrate on the village.

The Public Liability insurance for the Woodland is due and it was agreed that we would add cover for chainsaw use in the wood.

ACTION - CC,JC

10. Community Garden

Jim Gardiner will transfer the plants to the Community Garden where they will hopefully be planted up by some volunteers. CC has purchased new hanging baskets for the basket trees and they will have to be planted up also. CC will also purchase hanging basket brackets for inside the Community Garden so that we can hang the additional filled baskets when we receive them. This will make the watering of these baskets easier.

11. Fete Week and Gala

The plans by the Sub-Committee are well underway.

12. Any other business

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.10.
Date and time of next meeting: 7.00 pm on Tuesday 9th June 2015.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy