» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Jun 2015 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 9th June 2015, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Teasurer

Judy Collier

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Members present

Christine Kidston
Linda Matheson
Beth Cook

Apologies:

Jim Gardiner
Callum Ford

In attendance:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Councillor Jim Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council
Mary Dalrimple, Alva Community Council
Constable Kerrie Graham, Central Scotland Police

1. Appointments and resignations

None

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 12th May 2015

Approved: Christine Kidston
Seconded: Stan Paterson

3. Matters arising from minutes

All were agenda items.

4. Treasurer's report

5. Community Police report

PC Graham introduced herself to the members, being one of five Community Policing Officers covering the Clackmannanshire West Ward.

Since the last meeting there have been no crimes recorded of an anti-social nature. There appears to be an ongoing issue throughout Clackmannanshire and community officers are dedicated to weekend patrols of known areas. Any resident with a complaint regarding anti-social behaviour should phone 101. There have also been no complaints of vandalism reported to the police since the last meeting.

There has been one crime reported in relation to violence which remains undetected. There were no crimes of dishonesty reported to the police since the last meeting in May.

Five Road Traffic Offences were reported and recorded. Four of these related to speeding, 2 of which were detected on the Tullibody Road and 2 on Menstrie Brae. Tickets were issued to each of the offenders. The other Road Traffic Offence related to a registration plate not being displayed in the prescribed font. The offender rectified this within the given time.

The summer Drink Driving campaign has been launched.

Community Messages for either Facebook or Twitter can be placed on the local Police site via the Community Sergeant.

PC Graham then left the meeting.

6. Councillors' reports

Councillors Stalker and Sharp both gave reports to the members, which included:

The one-way traffic system around the Castle area is now in operation for a trial period of a year. The Roads Department will allow 4 to 5 weeks from installation prior to misuse being treated as an offence.

Tree work has been carried out by the OLP to the south of the A91 bridge to allow more open vision down the burn.
Work will commence soon extending the footpath in the woodlands to Red Carr and allow a safe walking route to Blairlogie.

In response to residents comments various small works have been carried out around Menstrie Place. Also:-

The manual street sweeper has been replaced by a mechanical sweeper. However, should there be any areas for concern, residents should contact the Council's Environmental Services on 01259 752548.

The Council will provide bags, gloves and grabs to aid with the litter pick on the 31st.

A request has been made for confirmation from the Council that they will maintain the new Community Sports Project facility, namely grass cutting, and that a letter be sent to the appropriate person to that effect.

An electric charging point has been installed in the Dumyat Centre car park but it was disappointing that neither the local Councillor or the Community Council were consulted before this took place. The Council are going to do a costing for taking the island away to create increased parking facilities.

It was suggested to the Councillors that the local children's play area in the park could be improved. There are not enough things for small children to use and it would be better if it were fenced off from the rest of the park for safety reasons.

7. Menstrie Matters

The Summer issue has now gone out and cost slightly more than the last issue, mainly due to the inclusion of the Fete and Gala insert. It would be good if we were able to produce it on-line and this will be looked into.

8. Correspondence

The correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

9. Community Woodland

It was decided not to apply for insurance for chainsaw use by us in the wood and the premium will be returned in due course by our insurers.

ACTION - CC,JC

10. Community Garden

The garden is looking good, thanks to a few willing helpers. We will enter it into the Council's Garden Competition for Community Gardens.

11. Fete Week and Gala

Plans for the Fete Week and Gala are all in hand.

12. Any other business

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.15.
Date and time of next meeting: 7.00 pm on Tuesday 8th September 2015.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy