» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, Nov 2015 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 10th November 2015, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Members present

Christine Kidston
Beth Cook
Callum Ford
Linda Matheson
Rhona Ramsay
Obaid Rehman

Apologies:

Judy Collier
Jim Gardiner

In attendance:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Graeme Cadden, Central Scotland Police
Stuart Crickmar, Clackmannanshire Council

1. Appointments and resignations

None

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 20th October 2015

Approved: Linda Matheson
Seconded: Stan Paterson

3. Matters arising from minutes

4. Treasurer's report

5. Community Police report

• Since the last meeting on 20th September there have only been three recorded crimes, all of which have been detected.
• There were 12 calls recorded on the STORM system and all of these were followed up.
• There have been no recorded incidents of vandalism or violence.
• Local Officers are continuing to carry out Handheld radar checks to enforce the speed limits.

Facebook and Twitter - Community messages and events can be placed on local Police sites via the Community Policing Sergeants Graeme Cadden & Catherine Sharkey or by email at:
• catherine.sharkey@scotland.pnn.police.uk
• graham.cadden@scotland.pnn.police.uk
or by telephoning 101 and asking for the Community Policing Sergeant.

The new Community Policing model starts on November 23rd and our new Community Ward Officer will be PC Leigh Allen who can be contacted on 101 or by e:mail at leigh.allen@scotland.pnn.police.uk.

6. Stuart Crickmar, Clackmannanshire Council

Stuart gave an overview of the budget position at Clacks Council and the community consultation position with regards to the current budget plans. As well as dialogue with individual Community Councils, there will also be ongoing dialogue with the Joint Community Council Forum.

Stuart gave an update on the current budget strategy and would welcome comments on the proposals. Savings will have to be made of £22.7m over the next three years. Currently the annual budget is £145m.

Discussion was had about what the local community and Community Council could do within their own communities to enhance the use of Council facilities like the Dumyat Centre. Stuart or any other Head of Service would be happy to come back and have further discussion on budget proposals.

7. Councillors' reports

Councillor Sharp gave an update since the last meeting and circulated copies to each member.

A new interpretation sign-board for the entrance to the Hillfoots Way at the west end of the woodland has been ordered and should be installed in the near future.

A new organisation called EPIC (Enabling Projects in Clackmannanshire) has been established, which supersedes the OLP.

Work continues with the budget for next year and this is proving to be extremely challenging. A new tool has been developed which will allow residents to try and balance Clackmannanshire's budget and this should be available on Clacksweb on-line from 26th November.

The wildflower meadow needs cleared and strimmed and a date has been set for 28th November at 10.30 for volunteers to assist. LS will try and organise assistance from other groups. Linda intimated that the Church of the Latter Day Saints who have volunteered in the village before would be willing to help on that day.

LS sought a verbal quotation from Mossman Memorials to clean up the War Memorial and they have suggested that a power wash might suffice at a cost of about £240. Discussion was had whether we should apply for some grant funding to expand this work to include some seats or troughs around the war memorial. CC will contact Mossmans to try and get some costs and CC will also investigate what funding could be available.

ACTION - CC

Discussion was also had about adding a plaque to the War Memorial in memory of the Polish soldiers who were billeted in the Church Hall during the Second World War.

Discussion went on to explore the possibility of setting up a Senior Citizen Lunch Club in the Dumyat Centre and opinions will be sought via a questionnaire which will go to every house in the village with the next edition of Menstrie Matters. CC will get copies of the questionnaire and collate them ready for distribution with the copy of Menstrie Matters. Linda will provide numbers.

ACTION - CC,LM

8. Community Council Election

An Interim Community Council election will take place in December. Nominations for places on the Community Council will need to be with Clacks Council by 2nd December  at 4.00p.m.

9. Menstrie Matters

The next issue is now with the printers and will be 16 pages at a cost of £510. The questionnaire for the proposed Lunch Club will be distributed along with it.

10. Correspondence

After the last Bingo Tea it was agreed that the Community Council would donate £250 to the Malawi Fund at Alva Academy with which two local young people are taking part.

ACTION - JC,CC

11. Community Planning

It was agreed that we should prepare a Community Plan and CC will investigate the sources of funding to facilitate this.

ACTION - CC

12. Community Garden

The garden is now closed until the Spring but the tubs and troughs have been planted with spring bulbs.

13. Menstrie Primary School Sports Project

Callum Ford gave an update but there is no further progress with funding.

14. Community Council EDF Small Grants Fund

An information poster is now on the Community Noticeboard and an article will appear in the next edition of Menstrie Matters. Two application forms have been requested by local organisations.

15. Gala and Fete week

The next meeting will be on the 17th November. LM intimated that she will no longer attend the meetings but will still help with the parade.

16. Any other business

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.20.
Date and time of next meeting: 7.00 pm on Tuesday 8th December 2015.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy