» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Jan, 2016 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 12th January 2016, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Members present

Christine Kidston
Beth Cook
Linda Matheson
Jim Gardiner
Obaid Rehman
Callum Ford

Apologies:

Rhona Ramsay

In attendance:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Councillor Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Leigh Allan, Central Scotland Police
Community Sergeant Cathie Sharkey, Central Scotland Police

1. Appointments and resignations

None

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 8th December 2015

With the following amendments:

Approved: Christine Kidston
Seconded: Linda Matheson

3. Matters arising from minutes

All were aganda items.

4. Treasurer's report

5. Community Police report

PC Allen circulated a written updated report for this month and introduced the Community Sergeant to the meeting.

Since the last meeting there have been six recorded crimes and eight calls of note recorded on the STORM system with no road traffic crimes recorded.

It was agreed that Menstrie was still a relatively crime free area, apart from mainly petty incidents.

A welcome opportunity was had to discuss current problems in the local area with both PC Allen and the Community Sergeant. It was agreed that the change back to Community Police having their own dedicated area was a very positive action as they got to know the community better and were able to build up a relationship with them.

The Chair thanked both for coming along and they then left the meeting.

Facebook and Twitter - Community messages and events can be placed on local Police sites via the Community Policing Sergeant
or by email at: leigh.allen@scotland.pnn.police.uk
or by telephoning 101 and asking for the Community Policing Sergeant.

6. Councillors' reports

Both councillors Sharp and Stalker gave an update since the last meeting.

Work continues on the Council's budget implementation.

There has not been a lot to report since the Christmas period but the following was discussed.

Planning permission has been granted for housing development on School Road South.

Discussion and action will be taken on the complaints about the agricultural building on Dumyat in that it appears to be lit up 24 hours a day and should have been painted green in accordance with the planning conditions by Stirling Council.

The question was asked why Dumyat Road and Burnside Road have been deleted from the planned road improvements.

The 3-weekly waste collection will save the Council £65K, and stopping the supply of dog bags is £7K.

The 30mph sign at the bottom of the Tullibody Brae has not been working for some time and a request will be made to investigate why and repair if possible.

ACTION - LS

Discussion was had over the speed of traffic and conditions on the Back Road between Menstrie and Alva. It was agreed we would write to the Council re. this matter.

ACTION - CC

7. Menstrie Matters

The next issue is currently being compiled and the closing date for submission of articles will be 29th January.

8. Proposed Lunch Club

There was a good response to the questionnaire and 21 replies received. After discussion it was agreed to go ahead and the first lunch would be held on Thursday 11th February at 12.30 and fortnightly after that. This will be a taster session lunch at no cost to the participants which will consist of a main course and a sweet, followed by tea/coffee. The provider of the lunch will be Class Cuisine. A booking for the Community Room to be made from 12 noon until 3.0p.m. Several members of the Church have volunteered to help, as well as members of the Community Council. Funding will be sought to help with the costs incurred.

ACTION - CC,LS,JG

9. Correspondence

A reminder will be sent to Alva Academy re. the receipt for the Malawi Project contribution.

10. Community Woodland

The path behind the houses and the woodland needs to be scraped.

ACTION - LS

An article will go into the next Menstrie Matters seeking help with the woodland management and volunteers.

ACTION - LM

11. Menstrie Primary School sports project

This will be raised at the next School Forum meeting in February and feedback given to the Community Council.

ACTION - CF,CC

12. Community Garden

This is currently looking quite bare until the spring bulbs appear. JG suggested plants that could be ordered for the summer planting of the baskets etc. We need to find a solution as to how to lower the hanging basket tree chains as they are currently too high to be seen and awkward to water. Thought will go into forming a Gardening Group to hopefully take forward some of the suggestions for improvements in the garden.

ACTION - JG

13. Community Council EDF Small Grants Fund

An application was received for the above fund from Menstrie Pensioners Association for help to defray the costs of their bus hire for their outings. After discussion it was unanimously agreed that we would give them the £250 requested.

14. Gala & Fete Week

The next meeting will be on 19th January and it is good to see that there is input from new members.

BC passed on the phone number of the Army Cadets who have offered to help on the day and walk with the parade.

ACTION - SP

15. Future events

After discussion it was agreed that because Easter is in March this year it was thought to be too early for the Duck Race. It was agreed that instead this would be held on Sunday 17th April.

ACTION - LM

16. Any other business

A discussion was had with regard to this year's Christmas Tree and it was unanimously agreed that instead of spending money every year on the tree and transportation, we should look to getting more lights with the suggestions of lighting the trees down the burn, the bridge on the A91, Fox Boy and the possibility of lighting up one of the trees outside the Dumyat Centre. This will be further discussed at a future meeting.

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.25.

Date and time of next meeting: 7.00 pm on Tuesday 9th February 2016.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy