MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, 8th March 2016, 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room
In the chair
Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Brentt Chambers, Central Scotland Police
1. Appointments and resignations
2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 9th February 2016
Approved: Beth Cook
Seconded: Stan Paterson
3. Matters arising from minutes
All were agenda items.
4. Treasurer's report
- Current balance: £8,747.05
- Cash in hand: £ 694.05
- This includes ring-fenced project money
5. Councillors' reports
Councillor Sharp gave an update since the last meeting.
- Work on the fallen trees in the Community Woodland is not yet complete as the contractor is awaiting the availability of a tractor to pull the tree root off the path.
- The Community Payback Team have cleared the gulleys beside the path in the woodland.
- No further action on the dog bin being moved at Middleton Kerse.
- Further letter sent to the Council re. the Back Road from Menstrie to Alva.
At this point Councillor Sharp left the meeting.
6. Community Police report
PC Chambers gave an update of incidents since our last meeting: There have been 4 undetected crimes and 1 detected crime in the Menstrie area.
- 1 incident of anti-social behaviour which remains undetected.
- 2 recorded incidents of vandalism which remain undetected.
- 1 incident of housebreaking with intent which is currently undetected.
- There were no road traffic offences but police officers will continue to carry out Handheld Radar to enforce the speed limit.
- There was one other incident of note which was youths setting fires in the area of the Hillfoots Path and to the rear of the Charrier. Anybody with information regarding this or any other incidents should contact the Community Constable directly on telephone 101.
- There has also been an incident of a dog worrying sheep on the hill and badly injuring it. Dog owners should be aware to keep their dog on a lead especially during the lambing season. It is legal for the farmer to shoot the dog if found worrying his sheep or other animals.
At this point PC Chambers left the meeting.
Facebook and Twitter - Community messages and events can be placed on local
Police sites via the Community Policing Sergeant
or by email at: email@example.com
or by telephoning 101 and asking for the Community Policing Sergeant.
7. Menstrie Matters
The next issue will be due out in May and articles need to be with Linda by the end of April.
8. Lunch Club
This is proving to be very successful with the numbers increasing. A funding application will be made to try and sustain it for a further three years. It was agreed due to the holiday period there would be no Lunch Club during the months of July and August.
ACTION - CC
All correspondence was read and actioned where necessary.
10. Community Woodland
The root of one of the fallen oak trees remains to be cleared from the path. The contractor is waiting the availability of a tractor to pull it free of the path.
11. Community Garden
A funding application has been made to Scotmid for plants for the village tubs. From April the gate will be open again during daylight hours. In the meantime the volunteers have been busy preparing the beds for planting.
At this point Callum Ford joined the meeting, having been at a previous meeting on behalf of the Community Council. Callum circulated information leaflets from that meeting to those present.
13. Community Council EDF Small Grants Fund
No further applications have been received.
14. Gala & Fete Week
The next meeting will be on the 15th March and planning is well ahead. Of the letters sent to Kerry and Diageo, only Kerry have responded positively. No reply has been received from Diageo which was very disappointing in that they are one of the village's biggest employers.
It has been noted that Alva Community Council are having their Fun Day on the ame day asour Gala. This is disappointing as in the past all the Hillfoot villages have liaised with each other so that there were no two events held on the same day.
15. Future events
The Duck Race will take place on the 17th April and LM has the organisation of it in hand. JG said that he has a net which might be suitable for catching the ducks. More volunteers are needed to be in the water to catch the ducks.
16. Any other business
The lack of play equipment for younger children in the park was noted. The possibility of some funding for additional equipment will be looked into.
Concern was also expressed about the increase in let charges from April 2016.
ACTION - CC
It was intimated that the local Chemist ownership has changed hands.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.25.
Date of next meeting - Tuesday 12th April 2016. CC gave her apologies for this meeting.