MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, 12th April 2016, 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room
In the chair
Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Brentt Chambers, Central Scotland Police
1. Appointments and resignations
2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 8th March 2016
Approved: Christine Kidston
Seconded: Linda Matheson
3. Matters arising from minutes
All were agenda items.
4. Treasurer's report
- Current balance: £8,668.31
- Cash in hand: £ 236.46
- This includes ring-fenced project money
5. Councillors' reports
Councillor Sharp gave a written update since the last meeting.
- The Back Road is at last having action taken regarding speeding, safety etc. The current prohibition notice will be extended to 24hours and it will also become a designated 20mph zone along its length.
- The Council have given permission for the siting of the new benches and tubs and the new plaque added to the War Memorial. Land Services have also offered any assistance required with the seating and tubs.
- There was a suggestion that we sell plastic daffodils at the Gala in order to fund real bulbs at the edge of the village, to be planted in the autumn.
- I have been elected as the Chair of the Joint Integration Board for Clacks/Stirling and NHS Forth Valley and I will back a move to more localised services along the Hillfoots, in particular some health provision for Menstrie.
- The grass cutting at Glenview was discussed again.
6. Community Police report
- There was no written report due to a recent incident that happened in Menstrie concerning an adult purchasing alcohol and then handing it over to children.
- There was a patio door break-in in the Manor Kingdom estate.
- There was a discussion about the increased distribution of Charity Bags to houses in the village. The genuine collectors have high viz. vests, certified identification etc. Residents should not give to any collector for Charity who does not have this identification.
- There was an alcohol related incident with youths from Alva and Menstrie, resulting in two youths having to go to hospital.
- There was also an incident of violence in the Holly Tree and the perpetrator is being sought.
At this point PC Chambers left the meeting.
7. Menstrie Matters
The collation of the next issue is going well and LM will attend the next Gala meeting to get more details of timings etc.
8. Lunch Club
This is proving to be very successful with the numbers increasing. A funding application will be made to try and sustain it for a further three years. It was agreed due to the holiday period there would be no Lunch Club during the months of July and August.
ACTION - CC
All correspondence was read and actioned where necessary.
An application was received from Tullibody Community Council requesting a loan of our gazeboes for their Gala Day in July.This was agreed and it was suggested that a representative come to the Gala to see how they are erected.
There was a discussion about the dog bin no longer on the cyclewayThis has been vandalised but will be replaced in May.
Caroline Crawford and Stan Paterson are to become key holders for the Dumyat Centre and suitable training will be given by the Council.
10. Community Woodland
The contactor still awaits a winch to remove the remaining tree route from the path. LS will contact.
11. Community Garden
We were successful in our funding application to SCOTMID and currently the garden is looking beautiful with spring flowers. JG will buy more compost.
13. Community Council EDF Small Grants Fund
No further applications have been received to date.
14. Gala & Fete Week
The next meeting will be on the 19th April, which LM will attend, and planning is well ahead. A generous donation of funding has been received from Kerry but still no acknowledgement from Diageo.
15. Future events
The Duck Race is on 17th April and LM has the organisation of it in hand.
16. EDF Small Grant Fund
In spite of issuing application forms there have been no further applications.
17. Any other business
There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.20.
Date of next meeting - Tuesday 10th May 2016.