» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Apr, 2016 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday, 12th April 2016, 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Vice-Chair

Jim Gardiner

Treasurer, minutes

Judy Collier

Members present

Linda Matheson
Christine Kidston
Rhona Ramsay

Apologies:

Caroline Crawford
Beth Cook

In attendance:

Councillor Les Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Brentt Chambers, Central Scotland Police

1. Appointments and resignations

None

2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 8th March 2016

Approved: Christine Kidston
Seconded: Linda Matheson

3. Matters arising from minutes

All were agenda items.

4. Treasurer's report

5. Councillors' reports

Councillor Sharp gave a written update since the last meeting.

6. Community Police report

At this point PC Chambers left the meeting.

7. Menstrie Matters

The collation of the next issue is going well and LM will attend the next Gala meeting to get more details of timings etc.

8. Lunch Club

This is proving to be very successful with the numbers increasing. A funding application will be made to try and sustain it for a further three years. It was agreed due to the holiday period there would be no Lunch Club during the months of July and August.

ACTION - CC

9. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned where necessary.

An application was received from Tullibody Community Council requesting a loan of our gazeboes for their Gala Day in July.This was agreed and it was suggested that a representative come to the Gala to see how they are erected.

There was a discussion about the dog bin no longer on the cyclewayThis has been vandalised but will be replaced in May.

Caroline Crawford and Stan Paterson are to become key holders for the Dumyat Centre and suitable training will be given by the Council.

10. Community Woodland

The contactor still awaits a winch to remove the remaining tree route from the path. LS will contact.

11. Community Garden

We were successful in our funding application to SCOTMID and currently the garden is looking beautiful with spring flowers. JG will buy more compost.

13. Community Council EDF Small Grants Fund

No further applications have been received to date.

14. Gala & Fete Week

The next meeting will be on the 19th April, which LM will attend, and planning is well ahead. A generous donation of funding has been received from Kerry but still no acknowledgement from Diageo.

15. Future events

The Duck Race is on 17th April and LM has the organisation of it in hand.

16. EDF Small Grant Fund

In spite of issuing application forms there have been no further applications.

17. Any other business

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.20.

Date of next meeting - Tuesday 10th May 2016.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy