MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, 10th May 2016, 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room
In the chair
Councillor Jim Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Lee Allen, Central Scotland Police
1. Appointments and resignations
2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 12th April 2016
Approved: Christine Kidston
Seconded: Obaid Rehman
3. Matters arising from minutes
All were agenda items.
4. Treasurer's report
- Current balance: £9,834.31
- Cash in hand: £ 408.70
- This includes ring-fenced project money
5. Councillors' reports
Councillor Stalker apologised for missing the previous meeting.
- The Council has been very quiet since Easter.
- There has been a shortage of teachers in Scotlandand this has had a knock-on effect in Clackmannanshire. A new Head of Education, Ann Pearson, has been appointed and will take up her post in the near future.
6. Community Police report
PC Lee Allen gave a report on crime since the last meeting.
- Incidents in Menstrie remain very low compared to the rest of Clackmannanshire.
- Regarding the incidence of violence in the Hollytree, due to CCTV, evidence has been passed to Glasgow Police force.
At this point PC Allen left the meeting.
7. Menstrie Matters
The Gala issue of Menstrie Matters will be available for distribution shortly. This will be a 20-page issue this time and therefore will cost more to produce. This should be balanced out by a shorter issue in the Autumn.
8. Lunch Club
This continues to be well attended and welcomed by those attending. A successful funding application was made to EDF Windfarm to continue the Club for another three years. This will be reviewed after the first year when a decision will be made whether to continue with the funding for a second year.
Caroline Crawford and Stan Paterson have received training on the opening and closing of the DumyatCentre and both are now keyholders.
10. Community Garden
Additional sleepers have been acquired to enable the erection of a smaller raised bed. A representative from Scotmid who funded our flowers this year will come along and view the result of their funding.
11. Community Council EDF Small Grants Fund
No further applications have been received to date.
12. Gala & Fete Week
With the welcome addition of some new members on the sub-committee, arrangements are well in hand for the Fete Week and Gala.
13. Future events
The dedication of the new plaque on the War Memorial is being organised and will take place on the Saturday following the Gala. Arrangements will be made for us to host a reception in the Church Hall after the event.
14. EDF Small Grant Fund
In spite of issuing application forms there have been no further applications.
15. Any other business
There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.10.
Date of next meeting - Tuesday 14th June 2016.