MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, 14th June 2016, 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room
In the chair
Robert Fairnie, Stirling Observer
Constable Lee Allen, Central Scotland Police
1. Appointments and resignations
2. Approval of minutes of meeting of 10th May 2016
Since no minutes were available they will be approved at the next available meeting.
3. Matters arising from minutes
All were agenda items.
4. Treasurer's report
The accounts are currently with the Auditor so there was no balance available.
5. Community Police report
PC Lee Allen gave a report on crime since the last meeting.
- There have been only 3 recorded crime reports. This includes 2 undetected crimes and 1 detected crime. 2 of the crimes related to anti-social behaviour, being a neighbour dispute, and the other was a female attempting or buying alcohol for a young person. The female was identified, traced and charged accordingly.
- There were no crimes of vandalism or violence in the area.
- There have been two incidences of persons passing counterfeit notes locally and people should be aware of this, especially at the Gala.
- There were no road traffic related crimes in the area.
At this point PC Allen left the meeting.
6. Menstrie Matters
LM is investigating other formats for the Menstrie Matters and will report back. The next issue will be due in August and the deadline for articles for this will be the end of July.
7. Lunch Club
The end of this month will see the last Lunch Club before the new session in September.
All correspondence was read and actioned where necessary.
9. Community Garden
It was agreed that there needs to be more signage indicating how to get to the Community Garden. JG will investigate. Also a sign is required indicating that there is CCTV in operation.
10. Community Council EDF Small Grants Fund
No further applications have been received to date.
11. Gala & Fete Week
The Fete Week/Gala was very successful.
12. War Memorial
Arrangements are in hand for the unveiling of the new plaque to the Polish soldiers which takes place on 18th June. The unveiling will be done by the Depute Polish Consul from Edinburgh and Keith Brown our local SMP. This will take place at 2.00p.m., followed by a reception in the Church Hall.
13. EDF Small Grant Fund
An application was received from the Mother and Toddler Group and after consideration it was agreed to approve it.
14. Any other business
The Chair wished all those present a pleasant summer break
There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.00.
Date of next meeting - Tuesday 13th September 2016.