» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Jan, 2017 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday, 10th January 2017, 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Vice-Chair

Jim Gardiner

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Menstrie Matters

Linda Matheson

Members present

Obaid Rehman
Beth Cook

Apologies:

Christine Kidston

In attendance:


Councillor Sharp, Clacks Council
Councillor Stalker, Clacks Council
Constable Brentt Chambers, Police Scotland

1. Approval of minutes for 13th December 2016

Approved: Jim Gardiner
Seconded: Stan Paterson

2. Matters Arising from minutes

All agenda items.

3. Treasurer's report

Bank balance - £11,543.26
Cash in hand - £ 141.77

4. Community Police report

PC Brentt Chambers gave the police report.

There has been one undetected crime recorded by the police over the last month.
There were no recorded incidents of anti-social behaviour in the area.
There was one incidence of vandalism and this remains undetected with enquiries ongoing.
There were no recorded incidents of violence or acquisitive crime.
After a local incident PC Leigh Allen is going into the Primary School to talk to the children.
In the Hillfoots there has not been a single football-related incident recently.
A new pilot is being run by the police where they go out in an unmarked car targeting burglaries, crime and drugs. - This is only a pilot at the moment.
Leigh will be attending the Community Matters event and will provide leaflets for the event.

Our Community Police continue their efforts to address local issues such as anti-social behaviour, parking issues and underage drinking and they would appreciate if the community would continue to report any concerns to them on 101 or directly with the Community Police themselves.

PC. Chambers agreed to pass information to Linda regarding cyber safety for insertion in the Menstrie Matters

PC Chambers then left the meeting.

5. Councillors' reports

Councillor Sharp reported that the Council tax bands set by the Government had been raised, with the top band H rising by 3%. Local Authority increases have yet to be decided.
An explanation was given regarding the City Deal between Stirling and Clackmannanshire.
A short discussion was had regarding the items in the proposed budget.
The question was asked why parking charges could not be made in Alloa as it was getting harder to find a parking space close to the centre as most of the available spaces were occupied by Council employee cars.
The reply was that this would take possibly years to implement.

Street lighting in the Menstrie Mains estate is planned for renewal.

The current situation with the dispute between Greenbelt and the residents in Manor Kingdom Estate is still ongoing. This is a private matter between the residents and the owners but the Council Legal Department is endeavouring to clarify the Council's position.

Scottish Water had been contacted regarding a water leak in the area of Main Street West.

Councillor Stalker then gave his report.

There was very little Council business over the Festive season.

An update was given on the Tullibody South School Campus re. the progress in relation to the consultation on the design and build of the new Abercromby and St. Bernadette's Primary Schools and Nursery on the site of the current Abercromby School. Timescale are:
Jan 17 - Appointment of the Architect and Building Contractor,
Jan-March - detailed consultation on the design proposals;
Feb-May 2017 - Design workshops with staff, visits to other shared campuses, discussion with local groups etc.
April 2017 - Design brief submitted to the Council.
Feb 2018 - The final design and costs will be in place with work commencing March 2018-July 2019 when the school will be completed. Following this the existing building will be demolished and the grounds landscaped.

The Scheme for the Establishment of Community Councils to allow for revisions in keeping with changing circumstances is also on the Agenda of the next Council meeting.
Most of the Council work at the moment is around the Budget proposals for 2017-18 which should come to the Council meeting in February.

6. Participatory budgeting: Community Matters

A leaflet has been drawn up and will be delivered to every house in the village informing them of the event to be held on the 28th January in the Dumyat Centre when they will be able to vote for their preferred local projects.
There will also be an opportunity to vote on the Clackmannanshire wide projects on a separate voting paper.
The Community Council will organise the event and there will be entertainment for the children and refreshments.

7. Menstrie Matters

The next issue is due to be distributed by the last week in February.

8. Lunch Club

The Lunch Club has now resumed and have an application to the Participatory Budgeting process for equipment to enable photographs and films to be shown after the lunch.

9. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

10. Community Woodland

The banking on the wood needs to be scraped back, the path cleaned and the gulleys cleared out. SP will speak to David Scobbie regarding this.

ACTION - SP

11. Gala & fete week

The first meeting of the year will take place next week.
All meetings are held on the third Tuesday of the month in the Dumyat Centre and anybody interested in helping out is welcome to come along.

12. Christmas Carols and Santa Claus

The event went well although numbers were down on previous years.

13. Community Plan

In the next few weeks, after an interview process, a Consultant will be appointed to take this forward in conjunction with the Community Council. It is hoped the Community Plan will be completed by June 2017 and the community will fully embrace the opportunity to be involved.

14. Christmas lighting

The lighting display over Christmas was very disappointing and was in no way the fault of the Community Council. The lights went out one by one and in spite of complaints to the sellers, it turned out that a manufacturing component in them was faulty. The suppliers, because they were in the south of England, were unable to get up to us to rectify the problem as they had the same problems all over England. We have been in touch with them and are requesting compensation and await the outcome of this claim.

A different, more permanent scheme is planned for next year and it was decided to put collecting cans in the local businesses for donations towards this.

ACTION - LM

15. Any other business

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.20.

Date of next meeting - Tuesday 14th February, 2017

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy