» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Feb, 2017 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING - DRAFT

These draft minutes will be considered at the next meeting.

Tuesday, 14th February 2017, 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Vice-Chair

Jim Gardiner

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Menstrie Matters

Linda Matheson

Members present

Obaid Rehman
Beth Cook
Christine Kidston

Apologies:

Councillor Stalker, Clacks Council
PCs Chambers & Allen

In attendance:

Councillor Sharp, Clacks Council
Ian Duguid, Team Leader Planning & Building Standards, Clackmannanshire Council
Members of the public

1. Approval of minutes for 10th January 2016

Approved: Linda Matheson
Seconded: Beth Cook

2. Children's play area owned by Greenbelt, in West Myreton estate

The Chair introduced Ian Duguid who had come along to answer questions from residents of the West Myreton Estate re. the sale of a children's play area owned by Greenbelt. A wide discussion took place with a question and answer session by the residents, Ian Duguid and Councillor Sharp.

The members of the public then left the meeting.

3. Matters Arising from minutes

All agenda items.

4. Treasurer's report

Bank balance - £13,614.26
Cash in hand - £ 194.37

5. Community Police report

There being no police presence a written report was handed to the members.

6. Councillors' reports

Councillor Sharp circulated a written report which highlighted the following.

7. Participatory budgeting: Community Matters

Two projects were successfully funded following the Community Matters voting event. They were the Adventure Play area in the Woodland and the Projector equipment for the Lunch Club. Unfortunately the other two projects were ineligible as they were on Council owned ground. Both of the successful projects will be completed by the end of March. Hopefully this funding will be repeated next year when more projects applications will be made from local groups.

8. Menstrie Matters

The next issue is due to go the printers shortly for distribution early March.

9. Lunch Club

The Lunch Club continued to thrive and look forward to using their new equipment.

10. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

11. Community Woodland

Contact will be made with Davie Scobbie re. the scraping of the path in the woodland and the clearing of the ditch. The remainder of the path which is under the maintenance of the OLP also requires some attention - LS will make contact.

ACTION - LS

12. Gala & fete week

Planning is well ahead for the Fete Week & Gala and there is a good representation of people at the planning meetings.

13. Duck Race & Music in the gardens

David Sharp will provide catering for both of these events.

14. Community Plan

After an interview process a Consultant has been appointed to take this forward in conjunction with a Steering Group made up of Community Councillors and other members of local groups and residents.

15. Christmas lighting

Collection tins have been purchased to be placed in the local shops for contributions toward the Christmas lights. There is a proposal to have the trees along the burn lit as well as the bridge and Fox Boy. A meeting will be arranged with a contractor to get a quotation for the work.
We still await settlement of our claim for last Christmas's trees.

16. Any other business

CK again asked that the trees adjacent to Broompark West could be limbed. This is in the ownership of Clacks Council.

ACTION - LS

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.15.

Date of next meeting - Tuesday 14th March, 2017

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy