» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Mar, 2017 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING - DRAFT

Tuesday, 14th March 2017, 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Vice-Chair

Jim Gardiner

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Menstrie Matters

Linda Matheson

Members present

Obaid Rehman
Beth Cook

Apologies:

None

In attendance:

Councillor Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Lesley Baillie, Clackmannanshire Council

1. Approval of minutes for 14th February 2017

Approved: Beth Cook
Seconded: Obaid Rehman

2. Review: Scheme of establishment for community councils

The Chair introduced Lesley Baillie to the meeting to give an overview of the Review of the Scheme of Establishment for community councils. This is a very important matter for discussion with community councils. The last consultation on this matter was a very dry process and the public did not take part in the discussion. There are several items in the current Review which community councils feel need to be changed. Should it still be 14 or should it be an odd number? The community councils will debate this issue and every member should give it thought.

Lesley then left the meeting.

3. Matters Arising from minutes

All agenda items.

4. Treasurer's report

Bank balance - £18,722.35
Cash in hand - £ 124.35

5. Community Police report

There was no report received from the Police.

6. Councillors' reports

Councillor Sharp circulated a written report which highlighted the following.

7. Participatory budgeting: Community Matters

The funding for both projects has now been received and they have both been completed.

8. Menstrie Matters

The deadline for the next issue will be May 1st. Four new advertisers have come on board. Following the appeal for a sponsor for the Gala issue the local Chemist has taken out a full page advertisement at a cost of £200.

9. Lunch Club

The Lunch Club continued to thrive and numbers remain steady.

10. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

11. Community Woodland

The path still needs to be scraped and the ditch cleaned.

ACTION - LS

12. Sustainability Event

CC will attend the event and organise a display on behalf of the Community Council.

ACTION - CC

13. Community Woodland

More wild flowers will be planted in the woodland. There are several large trees which need to be taken down to make them safe. The knotweed needs to have its annual kill.

14. Duck Race, Fete week & Gala

Plans are well in hand for both events and further discussion will be had at the next Gala meeting regarding the arrangements for both events.

15. Community Plan

A meeting was had with the Consultant Lesley Campbell and Linda agreed to be Co-ordinator for distribution of the Survey. Several people have volunteered to take this on board but more are needed.

[At the April meeting at the discussion of these minutes, Linda asked that it be noted that she had not so agreed. - Ed.]

16. Christmas lighting

We still await positive feedback for our claim for the failed lights from last Christmas and if there is no acceptable offer we will pass the matter on to Trading Standards. Plans are in hand to arrange for the trees at the burn to be lit as well as the area around Midtown Gardens. It was decided that we would concentrate our Christmas lighting in the centre of the village.

17. Any other business

The path between the Hump-back Bridge on Tullibody Road and the Kerry Factory is to be resurfaced and lit. This will be undertaken by SUSTRANS and should be completed by early April.

CK again asked that the trees adjacent to Broompark West could be limbed. This is in the ownership of Clacks Council.

ACTION - LS

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.05.

Date of next meeting - Tuesday 11th April, 2017

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy