» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Apr, 2017 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING - DRAFT

These draft minutes will be considered at the next meeting.

Tuesday, 11th April 2017, 7.00pm, Dumyat Centre Community Room

Present:

In the chair

Stan Paterson

Vice-Chair

Jim Gardiner

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Judy Collier

Menstrie Matters

Linda Matheson

Members present

Obaid Rehman
Beth Cook
Christine Kidston

Apologies:

None

In attendance:

Councillor Sharp, Clackmannanshire Council
Councillor Stalker, Clackmannanshire Council
Lesley Campbell, Star Development Group
Constable Brent Chambers, Police Scotland

1. Approval of minutes for 14th March, 2017

With the following amendment: LM wished it to be noted that she had not agreed to be the Co-ordinator for the distribution of the questionnaires for the Community Plan as stated in the Minutes.

Approved: Beth Cook
Seconded: Stan Paterson

2. Community plan

The Chair introduced Lesley Campbell to the meeting when she gave an overview of the Community Plan currently being undertaken in Menstrie and the process that was still to be done.

3. Matters Arising from minutes

All agenda items.

4. Treasurer's report

Bank balance - £13,308.44
Cash in hand - £ 153.00

5. Community Police report

There were zero crime reports for Menstrie for the last month.
There had been a car on the cycleway which had accesses from the Ditch Farm and there have also been motor bikes driving along the cycleway and these people had been spoken to by the Police.

6. Councillors' reports

Councillor Sharp circulated a written report which highlighted the following.

Councillor Stalker had nothing to report and intimated that he would not be standing again at the forthcoming Local Authority elections. He enjoyed his time at our meetings and wished us wellmin the future. The Chair thanked Councillor Stalker for coming along to our meetings and wished him well in his future plans.

7. Participatory budgeting: Community Matters

CC has done a final report for the Community Matters projects and furnished the Council with some photographs.

8. Menstrie Matters

The deadline for the next issue will be May 1st. This will be the Gala issue and will have a pull-out programme for the Gala.

9. Lunch Club

The numbers continue to increase.

10. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

11. Community Woodland

The path still needs to be scraped and the ditch cleaned. CC will check with the insurers Zurich if we require additional cover for the Woodland Trail.

12. Sustainability Event

We had a display of photographs and information on the projects we have undertaken. This was an excellent event by the School and several members attended.

13. Duck Race, Fete week & Gala

Plans are well in hand for both events and further discussion will be had at the next Gala meeting regarding the arrangements for both events.

14. Christmas lighting

We still await the outcome of our compensation for the failure of the Solar Lights.

15. Any other business

OR asked if it would be possible for the Council to provide a dedicated parking space outside of the Flames shop as the owner does not want to have to park on the double yellow lines while making deliveries.

ACTION - LS

CC is making a funding application to EDF for seating in Midtown Gardens and by the bus stop. Seating will also be considered for the new cycle path between the hump back bridge and the entrance to Middleton Kerse Estate.

CC submitted a final report for the EDF Small Grant and when this has been passed we will receive next year's allocation.

The lighting on the path to school between the back of the school and the new estate was discussed and maybe this could be considered for a future project.

There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.10.

Date of next meeting - Tuesday 9th May, 2017

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy