Community Police Officers' Report, October 2011
Since the last meeting on 13th September 2011, excluding minor road traffic offences, 4 crime reports have been submitted.
Three of these crimes are detected which relate to:
- 1 offence in relation to possession of class B drug.
- 2 offences relating to selling and purchasing of alcohol.
One of these crimes is undetected compromising of:
- 1 act of vandalism (minor)
PACT* Priorities for September and October 2011:
- Detect speeding offences on Main Street East and West, Menstrie between the hours of 0600hours and 1000hours, by carrying out high visibility speed checks.
- Misuse of drugs in the Alva area: Act on intelligence received from members of the public; and crave and execute warrants. Also increase consensual and legislative drug searches of persons found in this area.
In relation to the speeding issues, David and I will monitor the complaints received and will utilise the speed board and hand held radar devices. The complaints received indicate that the issue is occurring within the early hours of the morning, so to facilitate this we will arrange to have our shifts changed.
* Police and Communities Together - ed.
Notes on Crime
Male charged in relation to selling alcohol to underage persons:
A 52 year old male has been charged with selling alcohol to underage persons from a licensed premise in Mentrie. This male will now be subject of a report being submitted to the Procurator Fiscal.
I would like members of the community to call David Armitage or myself if they witness underage persons being sold alcohol or attempt to buy it. The effects that underage drinkers negatively impacts the community in which we live / work can be greatly reduced if police and the community work together in order to stamp out this irresponsible practice.
Your co-operation in relation to dealing with this matter is greatly appreciated.
Please pass on my apologies for not being able to attend tonight's meeting.