Community Police Officers' Report, February 2012
Since the last meeting on 10th January 2012, excluding minor road traffic offences, 9 crime reports have been submitted. Of these crimes unfortunately none are detected at present; however this is anticipated to change.
We have 8 undetected crime reports which relate to:
- 7 of vandalism. 4 of these crimes occurred in similar circumstances and would appear to be linked - investigations are on going and it is hoped that they will be detected.
- 2 of Assault. These are both minor in nature and have suspects who are to be traced. They will be detected soon.
PACT* Priorities for Alva and Menstrie in January and February 2102
- Detect speeding offences on the A91 near to the industrial estate and approach road to Alva Academy on the east side of Alva between 0800 hours and 1530 hours Monday to Friday, by carrying out high visibility speed checks.
- Reduce the number of calls regarding anti-social behaviour in the areas of Dalmore Drive, The Nebit, Craighorn Road and St Serfs Walk, Alva on Friday and Saturday evenings between 5pm and 11pm.
* Police and Communities Together - ed.
Notes on crime
Between 01/02/12 and 02/02/12, four vandalisms occurred in and around the areas of Forthvale, Elmbank and Broompark West, Menstrie. These vandalisms where all similar in that windows were damaged whereby small chips were found in each case. It is believed that a catapult or similar has been used to cause this damage. Two of the persons believed to be responsible were seen running away after causing the damage and enquiry is on-going to identify them. One is believed to have a blonde stripe through his hair and is approx 12-15 years of age.