Community Police Officers' Report, March 2012
Since the last meeting on 14th February 2012, excluding minor road traffic offences, 5 crime reports have been submitted.
Of these crimes 2 are detected which relate to:
- Assault and breach of the peace
- Careless driving
We have 3 undetected crime reports which relate to:
- Vandalism to a motor car at Abercrombie Place, Menstrie
- Theft x2 - two plant pots stolen at neighbouring addresses
PACT* Priorities for Alva and Menstrie in March and April 2012
- Reduce the number of calls regarding anti social behaviour in the areas of Dalmore Drive, The Nebit, Craighorn Road and St Serfs Walk, Alva, on Friday and Saturday evenings between 5pm and 11pm.
- Increase the level of high visibility patrols in the areas of Elmbank, Forthvale, Broompark West, Broompark East, Menstrie Place and Castle Road, Menstrie in an effort to reduce youth related anti-social behaviour calls received.
As a result of increased vandalism in the areas mentioned above, we decided to make this a PACT priority for the coming months. So far we have not received any further vandalisms since 2nd February. It is hoped that this will continue with further high visibility patrols.
* Police and Communities Together - ed.
Notes on crime
The two reported thefts of plant pots occurred at Main Street West, Menstrie and appear to have been youths who were congregating in the area. The enquiry for these crimes has been completed with no success. I would ask that any similar problems with youths congregating are passed to the Police and we will continue to address the issues.