Community Policing Report, 7th September 2015
I am Constable 856 Callum Hamilton, one of five Community Policing Officers covering Clacks West Ward.
There are two Community Policing Sergeants (Graham Cadden & Catherine
Sharkey) and we are all stationed at Alloa Police Office.
If you require to make contact direct please contact the Community Sergeant on
telephone 101 or by email at:
Since [7th] July 2015 we have recorded:
4 undetected crimes
5 detected crimes (which includes 2 road traffic matters)
Menstrie = 9 recorded crimes.
Undetected: 4 (selection of reported incidents)
- Between 11/07/2015 and 15/07/2015 a £250 gent's stunt bike was stolen from a garden in Pine Crescent, Menstrie. The bike is black and gold in colour with the word CUBA emblazoned on the cross bar.
- On 15/08/2015 a Chinese national was racially abused and assaulted in a house at Menstrie Place, Menstrie. A group of youths had been gathering to enjoy a private party when gate crashers attended the dwelling and asked to get into the party and have some drink. The complainer was standing beside the householder when the group were refused and they immediately started verbally abusing the complainer with verbal insults and then struck him with a bottle. Enquiry is ongoing to trace the offenders.
- 3. On Sunday 9th August 2015 a vandalism at Willow Grove, Menstrie was reported to police concerning the words "PIG" having been sprayed on the roadway at the front of a prominent member of the public's house. It is believed it was deliberate targeting of the occupier of the dwelling.
Detected 5 (selection of reported incidents)
- On the 25th August 2015 an incident occurred involving a 4x4 vehicle and a bicycle. This is currently the subject of a report to the Procurator Fiscal's office. This incident started in Tullibody and finished up in Menstrie. A male has been charged with assault, attempted Murder and various driving offences. Two other males have been charged with theft.
- On the Thursday 27th August 2015 a report of a domestic assault in Abercrombie Place was received. This is subject to a report to the PF's office.
Incidents of note
There have been NO missing persons from the Menstrie area during this reported period.
94 registered calls from the public to the police call centre.
Allocated through 101 and Bilston control room.
Other community issues
Local adults and young persons riding motorbikes. We require more information about these bikes, colour, size, where they are stored etc. This is still an ongoing issue and requires the community to assist police and phone in with information as to the identity of the riders.